*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Controllers are so expensive!

They are very expensive, they seem to increase in cost each time we move into a new gen.

but I do however think it's the best controller Sony has ever released and on par with the mighty 360 controller and imo better then the x1 controller so worth the money : -) just a shame batteries on them lost 8 hours ish.. only downside I've got with my ds4. I've got three now, two for my ps4 I rotate between charging and using and one I got to replace my pc 360 wireless controller..

Associate
Controllers are so expensive!

Yes they are, even the DS3 was expensive if you compared it to the Xbox controllers.

That being said, a lot more tech goes into Playstation controllers. For the example the DS3 had the accelerometer, and the DS4 has that plus the touchpad and speaker.

Also the build quality isn't that great, especially the triggers.

Soldato
Are there any 3rd party controllers for PS4? If not what's the cheapest controller I can get?

Is there a cheap adapter to use the PS3 controller? Saw one for 50 quid. May as well just buy the controller.

Soldato
Are there any 3rd party controllers for PS4? If not what's the cheapest controller I can get?

Is there a cheap adapter to use the PS3 controller? Saw one for 50 quid. May as well just buy the controller.

Only 3rd party controller I've seen for ps4, is Hori's fps pad 4.

http://www.play-asia.com/hori-pad-4-fps-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-7dt1.html

It's not that much cheaper than a ds4 and I'm not even sure if you can get it in this country.

Also has no touchpad, so not compatible with all games.

Soldato
One year on I don't regret my desision to buy a PS4 at all. I've enjoyed loads of games, hell even if the console was free now I wouldn't regret the number of hours of enjoyment I've had out of it. Games were a little light on the ground until Infamous, but ever since then we've been laughing. I suppose your tolerance for re-masters comes into play here but personally I love them! :)

Soldato
True, but how long do you give them before what I said has some meaning behind it ? It launched in October and we still can't send out challanges to friends on a "social driving game".

Dunno, I suppose we need to look at BF4, Assassins Creed and Halo, to name a few.

Soldato
Just tried playing LBP 3 with the Misses, first I had to log into her old account to get any of the online lvl's.. Great took Sony 24hr to send password reminder.. So tonight we go on and it crashes 3 times, try the original levels and gets stuck on loading screen. (not had any issues in single player, have completed story etc)

Not Impressed one bit, these ******* games cost £50. I'd be sacked doing this sub par work.

Soldato
Absolutely superb game and I've never been a massive Tomb Raider fan. This game though was excellent and I was genuinely upset when I learnt the sequel would be XB1 exclusive.

It's not XB1 exclusive. It's timed, which is probably a good thing as Uncharted 4 is due around the same time

Soldato
Couldn't resist TLoU at £17.99. Looking forward to playing it again with the DLC that I didn't get round to playing on PS3.

That was a solid game, but phew don't expect easy trophies with it, I played it on ps3 and ps4 and its an easy game to complete but hard to unlock the trophies..

anyhow, moving on, downloaded the timed trial of far cry 4, told me I needed keys to kayet or something... great, so that's not really a demo.. thought it would be a timed limited demo as sorta interested in the game.. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom