*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
According to the Japanese pre-order website You are entered into a lottery and there will be two shipments,one on the 16th of December and the second mid January although from what i understand all of the second shipments will be leftovers from cancelled orders.

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Ps4/20thAnniversaryEdition/index.html

"Application acceptance period December 3, 2014 (Wed) - December 10, 2014 (Wednesday) until 11:00
Lottery results announcement First-order sales: 12/16 (Tuesday)
second-order sales: January mid
※ If the cancellation occurs in the first-order sales, it is planned a second-order sales.
Purchase of second-order sales first-come, first-served basis, no longer is up to the end."

Associate
i guess if i do end up winning one i would be forced to resell it because i can imagine these are going to go for major £££££££££££££££

Also i hope $500 isn't going to translate to £500,i would guess £425 like the original ps3/xbox one launch prices?

Soldato
Can't they concentrate on updating the firmware and adding instant resume like they promised, rather than tatty anniversary sounds that will get listened to once and then forgotten about.

Soldato
Can't they concentrate on updating the firmware and adding instant resume like they promised, rather than tatty anniversary sounds that will get listened to once and then forgotten about.

Yeah, having an entirely different department/agency create a theme has probably set the system software team back months. Terrible.

Soldato

Instant resume is difficult to get right, MS have always struggled with it and it's buggy on the Xbox as well.

Great feature when it works, the first thing to get switched off once the inevitable problems start.
. The other thing to consider is that in order for it to work it requires data to be suspended to ram and that data is normally unencrypted so is a potential attack vector for your average hacker.

Soldato
Well it works nigh on 95% of the time on X1, so can't see what Sony are struggling with. They made a big song and dance about it when they announced the console over a year ago but now looks like they're hoping people have forgotten about it.

Actually, that's a bit like the Titanfall "resolution upgrade" that was promised and never materialised... lol.

What's with the PS4 never downloading system updates automatically either? Mine always seem to have it sitting in the downloads section without actually doing anything until I take it out of rest mode.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah similar to common sleep issues on the PC, no sound, performance issues with some (not all) resumed games etc.

It's a great feature in theory but it quickly becomes useless if you have to reboot or exit games to solve problems.

Methinks either you don't own one or yours is broken! :eek:

No sound, never happens. Performance issues, never happens. The only thing that literally once in a blue moon occurs is it'll crash back to the dashboard (which coincidentally i've only ever seen on Advanced Warfare and Max). At which point you're no worse off than on PS4 as you can just restart the game and it'll load your last save.

Conversely, when it does work the vast majority of the time, you can hop straight back into your game avoiding all the BS that you have to go through otherwise.

There's no need to poo-poo a feature just because you might not have it. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Methinks either you don't own one or yours is broken! :eek:

No sound, never happens. Performance issues, never happens. The only thing that literally once in a blue moon occurs is it'll crash back to the dashboard (which coincidentally i've only ever seen on Advanced Warfare and Max). At which point you're no worse off than on PS4 as you can just restart the game and it'll load your last save.

Conversely, when it does work the vast majority of the time, you can hop straight back into your game avoiding all the BS that you have to go through otherwise.

I've seen a lot of blue moons recently then as I have issues with the resume feature a lot. I'm forever being kicked back to the dashboard or the game just doesn't respond at all.

Soldato
I've seen a lot of blue moons recently then as I have issues with the resume feature a lot. I'm forever being kicked back to the dashboard or the game just doesn't respond at all.

Yup, my nephews is the same. Microsoft and their sleep implementation has been the bane of my life for years lol. I so want it to work, never does fully.

Soldato
What's with the PS4 never downloading system updates automatically either? Mine always seem to have it sitting in the downloads section without actually doing anything until I take it out of rest mode.

Mine did this afternoon. Turned the console on from rest mode and the first thing I saw was a screen saying a software update was ready to be installed. Console immediately restarted and installed the update.

Presumably they've made a change somewhere because it's the first time it's done that for me, but it worked well.

Back
Top Bottom