*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Had to order a new controller the other day, all the rubber on the left analogue stick has come off and on fifa my vp seems to start moving in a different direction on his own for a sec, not happy its only lasted a year.

Caporegime
Soldato
Mine did this afternoon. Turned the console on from rest mode and the first thing I saw was a screen saying a software update was ready to be installed. Console immediately restarted and installed the update.

Presumably they've made a change somewhere because it's the first time it's done that for me, but it worked well.

I'll check mine in a bit it's been in rest since last night and an update has been released.

Soldato
Had to order a new controller the other day, all the rubber on the left analogue stick has come off and on fifa my vp seems to start moving in a different direction on his own for a sec, not happy its only lasted a year.

Did you ring Sony? I heard that they were replacing them no question asked.

Associate
Did the update and my console is now in rest mode, the orange light is on as normal.

However it sounds to me like it's still on, like the fan/hard drive is still making noise and I put it on rest mode like 2 hours ago.

All a bit odd, hope this update now isn't bugged. :(

Man of Honour
Picked up PS4 GTA5 bundle last week.

Great news on Sky Go app is now on PS4. I only bought a cheap 360 (4GB internal memory only version) for that so can sell it now :)

Soldato
Did the update and my console is now in rest mode, the orange light is on as normal.

However it sounds to me like it's still on, like the fan/hard drive is still making noise and I put it on rest mode like 2 hours ago.

All a bit odd, hope this update now isn't bugged. :(

Fans stay on in rest mode if downloading or other activity.

Man of Honour
Could do with a compact keyboard to use, any common ones around? Do any bluetooth ones work?

Sky go is on the PS4? :eek:

Glad i kept it then. Means i can watch sky in bed.... Is it live now?

Yup just installed the app and tested it. Loads quicker and is smoother playback than it was on PS3 which is nice.

Associate
I think the left stick on my controller is broken..

It's really sensitive, like I have to have the stick at a certain point to move left and right (particularly in injustice and selecting answers in dragon age) otherwise my console sees me as pressing up or down..

Soldato
Not sure if posted already but check out these very limited edition 20th anniversary PS4's styled like the original Playstation:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-4-20th-anniversary-edition-revealed/

EDIT: Doh! Beaten to it.

PS4-20th-Anniversary-Edition-header-798x310.jpg

Still looks ace though, nostalgia big time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any way to order the apps yet? I am only really using my PS4 for Netflix at the moment and it's annoying to always have to go into the Videos submenu and then scroll past the Amazon app :mad: Would like to have it as the most recently opened item, as happens with anything else.

Soldato
Was it an EVO drive? If so did you update it to the new firmware they just released?

Yes it was an Evo 840, No idea about firmware it runs very well back in my PC.

It was quick in the PS4 at first but as it filled up it slowed down quite a bit so much so it was noticeable. It seems the PS4 lacks the ability to manage SSD's over time.

Soldato
Yes it was an Evo 840, No idea about firmware it runs very well back in my PC.

It was quick in the PS4 at first but as it filled up it slowed down quite a bit so much so it was noticeable. It seems the PS4 lacks the ability to manage SSD's over time.

That drive can't manage itself and grinds to a halt. The new firmware solves that problem. The reason it seems quicker now is because its been formatted for your PC but it will slow down again due to a bug in the firmware.

The mostly large sequential writes the PS4 will perform is perfect traffic for a SSD and will keep it in good shape.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18629993&highlight=evo+firmware

Last edited:
Soldato
That drive can't manage itself and grinds to a halt. The new firmware solves that problem. The reason it seems quicker now is because its been formatted for your PC but it will slow down again due to a bug in the firmware.

The mostly large sequential writes the PS4 will perform is perfect traffic for a SSD and will keep it in good shape.

It has always been fine in my PC before I put it in the PS4 with nearly 800GB on it.

There have been no Firmware updates for my Drive since March according to Samsung Magician. My drive is the 840 pro. The Evo has had none since Dec 13 ?

I had also reached over 700GB full on the PS4 so having the 2TB drive gives more space. Since every game is fully installed it soon runs out.

Edit - Just seen your link it's for the Evo and not the Pro from what I can see.

Back
Top Bottom