*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Seems a bit stupid IMO. Sony are trying to push people to buy a PS4 yet they don't allow you to buy PS classics on it.

Generally, people buy a £330 games console to play new games, not old ones. The lack of any backwards compatibility doesn't seem to have affected the PS4's popularity so far.

Caporegime
Seems a bit stupid IMO. Sony are trying to push people to buy a PS4 yet they don't allow you to buy PS classics on it. Plus if people don't have a PS3 or Vita but fancied some of these games - like me - then Sony have lost out on some sales.

Is XBOX One compatible with XBOX 360 games, despite being around 100x more architecturally compatible than the PS4 is with the PS3?

No.

Soldato
Do you have to pay extra for skygo on ps4? Or did they remove that?

Currently using it on 2 PC's at home, as my parents subscribe to Sky. Would love to use it on a console for TV use, but not if i have to pay extra. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah for SkyGo to work on a console you need SkyGo extra which is £5 a month on top of your subscription, however if you have a milti room account then its free.
You also get the benefit of being able to use it on 4 devices instead of just 2 with the Extra package.

Soldato
Generally, people buy a £330 games console to play new games, not old ones. The lack of any backwards compatibility doesn't seem to have affected the PS4's popularity so far.

Is XBOX One compatible with XBOX 360 games, despite being around 100x more architecturally compatible than the PS4 is with the PS3?

No.

So why let people play these games on the PS3 as well? I was on about the PS1 and PS2 games that Sony are selling. Why not let PS4 owners play them?

Soldato
poor sony salaries :)

spreadsheet.jpg

sony always making loss, eh? :D

Soldato
I bought a PS4 yesterday, mint 2nd hander only a couple of months old.

I have only had a couple of hours with it last night, but so far I really like it. Taking some time to learn the menu system and how everything works.

I only got to play a game for about half an hour, Diablo 3. It does not look amazing or anything but then I didn't really expect it to. I have never played Diablo games, but it seems like it will shape up to be a pretty in depth experience. I have CoD:AW and Destiny to try later. Also got Watchdogs, and have shadow of mordor, wolfenstein and black flag en route and later I am going to call into Game and get a Lego game or two! :D

Do many of you use your mobile phone chargers in your DS4 as you play? Been looking at extended cables because of reading that they only last a few hours before they need charging, but none of the cables I have found have good reviews. When me and the wife get on lego we can be on it for 10hrs at a time :p

Soldato
I bought a PS4 yesterday, mint 2nd hander only a couple of months old.

I have only had a couple of hours with it last night, but so far I really like it. Taking some time to learn the menu system and how everything works.

I only got to play a game for about half an hour, Diablo 3. It does not look amazing or anything but then I didn't really expect it to. I have never played Diablo games, but it seems like it will shape up to be a pretty in depth experience. I have CoD:AW and Destiny to try later. Also got Watchdogs, and have shadow of mordor, wolfenstein and black flag en route and later I am going to call into Game and get a Lego game or two! :D

Do many of you use your mobile phone chargers in your DS4 as you play? Been looking at extended cables because of reading that they only last a few hours before they need charging, but none of the cables I have found have good reviews. When me and the wife get on lego we can be on it for 10hrs at a time :p

Pleased you enjoyed your first go with a ps4, I use a phone charger for my ds4 works fine, and you've got loads of games to play there already , so enjoy

Soldato
So why let people play these games on the PS3 as well? I was on about the PS1 and PS2 games that Sony are selling. Why not let PS4 owners play them?

It's not just a case of "letting" people play them. The PS3 was designed to be compatible with PS1 games from the start and the PS2 games were repackaged and ported so they'd work on the PS3. They'd need to do the same thing again to get them working on the PS4 which isn't going to be a priority this early in the console's life.

Back
Top Bottom