*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
To all our customers
This information is intended to keep you up-to-date with your orders.
Due to unexpected traffic we received during Black Friday, we faced a number of technical issues, namely being unable to login to our admin section to place a limit on the orders and update stock quantities. By the time we regained access to our backend admin section on Saturday, we had received and processed payments of around 3000 orders while holding stock for around 400 units of PS4 and Xbox One consoles. Over the weekend we placed an order for 5000 units of consoles from our supplier and at this moment in time, we have not received an estimated time of delivery.
We have decided to withhold fulfilment of orders of units that we have in stock due to:
- Notifications of cancellations, as the order was ready to despatch.
- Paypal limiting and freezing our account.
- Termination notices and withholding of funds due to us from our credit card processors.
We would like to offer our sincere apologies to our customers for being unable to fulfil their orders. We have instructed PayPal and our card processor to refund all orders placed after midday Thursday the 27th of November. We would also advise that you open a dispute with PayPal and/or your credit/debit card issuer, which we would not challenge.
We understand our customer service has being unsatisfactory. Our 4 staff were overwhelmed with the amount of calls we received, numbering a few hundred a day and up to 150 emails an hour.
We hope that that you receive your funds in a timely manner, and again apologise for any disruption to your Christmas shopping. Our site will return in the new year, once we are certain all outstanding issues have been resolved.
Director
D. Bennetta
247 Electronics Limited
247 ELECTRONICS LIMITED
COLLINGWOOD BUILDINGS
38 COLLINGWOOD STREET
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
ENGLAND
NE1 1JF
Company No. 08035219

Ah well, paypal claim it is.

Soldato
Anyone upgraded their PS4 to a SSD? If so any recommended brands? What sort of size would you go for?

I had a 1TB 840 pro in mine. It was fine at first but slowed down considerably as it filled up.

I now have a 2TB Samsung mech drive which in all honesty works just as well.

The PS4 is not really set up to handle SSD's very well in my experience.

Soldato
It's not just a case of "letting" people play them. The PS3 was designed to be compatible with PS1 games from the start and the PS2 games were repackaged and ported so they'd work on the PS3. They'd need to do the same thing again to get them working on the PS4 which isn't going to be a priority this early in the console's life.

The whole Gaikai thing went quiet but I'd imagine that will pop up at some point in the future (with an additional sub).

Since I bought my PS4 in July I've barely touched the PS3...only for a week to replay through FC3 in readiness for FC4. Other than that I can't really see myself wanting to go back. I once bought the whole Final Fantasy back catalogue on a PS3 PSN sale. They were pretty much unplayable for me on my big TV. Just horrible! I am sure there are many who like to re-visit back catalogues but I'm not one of them.

Soldato
BY LUKE KARMALICapcom has announced Street Fighter 5 is coming exclusively to PS4 and PC.

A new trailer, which has since been made private, confirms that the brawler will not be coming to other platforms and bears the strapline "Rise Up". No other details have been revealed at this time, especially regarding whether this is a lifetime-exclusive or a timed one.

Sauce IGN

Soldato
I had a 1TB 840 pro in mine. It was fine at first but slowed down considerably as it filled up.

I now have a 2TB Samsung mech drive which in all honesty works just as well.

The PS4 is not really set up to handle SSD's very well in my experience.

+1 to this.

Used a 850 Pro 1TB in PS4 (Just had it lying around, so thought would try it) and then switched to a 2TB Mech for the extra space. Although the SSD loads quicker and uses less power / heat it's certainly not worth the current price of 1TB SSD anyway.

In a couple of years when SSD prices drop even lower it may be worth, but right now 2TB at £59 is the way to go imho.

Associate
poor sony salaries :)

spreadsheet.jpg

sony always making loss, eh? :D

Do the two guys at the bottom really have 4p or 4 cents as part of their salary? :p

I reckon Michael Pavlic will be fuming at this :D

Soldato
BY LUKE KARMALICapcom has announced Street Fighter 5 is coming exclusively to PS4 and PC.

A new trailer, which has since been made private, confirms that the brawler will not be coming to other platforms and bears the strapline "Rise Up". No other details have been revealed at this time, especially regarding whether this is a lifetime-exclusive or a timed one.

Sauce IGN

Just seen the vid. If true ,XBox owners will be pizzzzzzzzzed

Soldato
Wow that's a huge exclusive and real system seller if true. Street Fighter fans are dedicated so I can see some X1 only gamers being slightly miffed.

Ah well, I suppose we have Killer Instinct.....:p

Back
Top Bottom