*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
is there a way to set the PS4 to download games in one piece?

I had bought Second son, which DL'd a couple of GB, was then able to start the game, then it continued to DL the remaining files.

Due to the size of games these days it would be easier to DL overnight.

Any way to do this?

Soldato
Yep London this London that. It's actually worse living there as you would think nothing exists outside of it. Clearly it's the biggest catchment area due to size and population so it does make sense for Sony to use a store there. Would have been nice to spread it around of the UK though since its clear it's more PR than profit.

Soldato
Although if you live in Scotland or the North of England you might be interested in a gaming exhibition at the national museum called game masters.

http://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of-scotland/whats-on/game-masters/

5 Dec - 20 Apr 2015
Featuring over 100 playable games, Game Masters showcases the work of more than 30 leading videogame designers.

Could be good and plan on paying it a visit soon. Anybody else been?

Soldato

Still it's lots of speculation really as Sony refuse to comment on their security in the article. This isn't an issue that only effects Sony however, the hackers have had MS in there sights the last few weeks and have vowed to take live down over Christmas. I don't believe the hacker community as a whole have an agenda against Sony over DRM on cds from 10 years ago.

Soldato
is there a way to set the PS4 to download games in one piece?

I had bought Second son, which DL'd a couple of GB, was then able to start the game, then it continued to DL the remaining files.

Due to the size of games these days it would be easier to DL overnight.

Any way to do this?

It will (should?) download it all. The first couple gigs that allow you to start the game, then if you go into settings, and look for the application management (can't remember exact name), it lists all of the games you have installed and how big each game is. Find the game you are downloading, and you will see it say something like 2/20GB, which will go up as it continues to download.

I've left mine on standby overnight (for Destiny) and it downloaded it fine in the background.

Soldato
http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/09/sony-20th-anniversary-edition-ps4-uk/

PS4 20th Anniversary edition for £19.94 for the first 94 customers in London. I can get there in an hour... I even have a working original PS1... but I'll be at work so no time to claim one :(.

This "competition" begins 11th - 12th and people are already queuing and the 94 wristbands have already been given out to them.

Wow, some people are desperate for a grey ps4! I'll stick to my black one.

Soldato
There's a good chance they will be massively collectable/valuable though in years to come. If I had even a sniff of a chance of getting one, I would.

Associate
The Mrs has bought me a PS4 for Christmas.

Destiny got delivered yesterday, Fifa 15 and a second controller on order. Last of Us and LBP3 as part of the bundle.

Anyone got any recommendations on a co-op game the Mrs might enjoy playing? Anything good on the store? She enjoyed Super Startdust on the PS3.

Soldato
The Mrs has bought me a PS4 for Christmas.

Destiny got delivered yesterday, Fifa 15 and a second controller on order. Last of Us and LBP3 as part of the bundle.

Anyone got any recommendations on a co-op game the Mrs might enjoy playing? Anything good on the store? She enjoyed Super Startdust on the PS3.

Towerfall ascension may be worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom