*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Soldato
The Mrs has bought me a PS4 for Christmas.

Destiny got delivered yesterday, Fifa 15 and a second controller on order. Last of Us and LBP3 as part of the bundle.

Anyone got any recommendations on a co-op game the Mrs might enjoy playing? Anything good on the store? She enjoyed Super Startdust on the PS3.

Trine 2. Great game for multiplayer. Lots of fun with puzzles throughout.

Associate
So 94 units sold today at under £19.94 and then 100 to be sold on Thursday and Friday for £399.99 (50 each day). Seems a low amount for the UK unless they are planning to make some available online as well later on.

I guess Sony were on a hiding to nothing no matter how they distributed these machines given the huge demand. I would imagine that it's probably already too late to even get the full RRP units on sale on Thursday and Friday.

Caporegime
It's a good pr stunt for sure...

anyone lucky enough to get one will have a very sought after collectable.

12,000 of them though, that's quite a lot. I have a Harry Potter Bluray set that's limited to like 15,000 and it's still easy to get. I have a guitar with a finish that I have not seen anywhere else, and I still somehow managed to get it.

Wait 6 months when the hype is gone, you should be able to get these at RRP.

Soldato
Associate
12,000 of them though, that's quite a lot. I have a Harry Potter Bluray set that's limited to like 15,000 and it's still easy to get. I have a guitar with a finish that I have not seen anywhere else, and I still somehow managed to get it.

12,000 is a lot but good luck getting one in 6 months for RRP. These will be in the hands of collectors (even those on eBay) and I would imagine will be held on to, further constraining demand. Sometimes there will be limited edition of videogame items that increase in value. However I do suspect they might not all be selling for $15,000.

Last edited:
Soldato

Seriously doubt people will be selling these at RRP. Like I said earlier, I see these as being massively collectable limited edition consoles and a potential long-term investment.

Interest and price may die down short-term, but look ahead 15-20 years. Same sort of thing that happened with the Multimega, I remember a mate getting one second hand for like £20 in '98 or '99. Popularity and price of them has since sky rocketed.

Even something like the crystal green or white original Xbox consoles are more sought after that the regular black.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom