*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Seriously doubt people will be selling these at RRP. Like I said earlier, I see these as being massively collectable limited edition consoles and a potential long-term investment.

Interest and price may die down short-term, but look ahead 15-20 years. Same sort of thing that happened with the Multimega, I remember a mate getting one second hand for like £20 in '98 or '99. Popularity and price of them has since sky rocketed.

Even something like the crystal green or white original Xbox consoles are more sought after that the regular black.

I have an original white xbox, it's worth £50 or something.

This is a console made with the intention of being collectable, in the tens of thousands. Every logic tells me the chances of these go up in value that is worth "investment" is close to zero. You would get more sticking £500 in an ISA and wait 20 years for interest.

Soldato
You would get more sticking £500 in an ISA and wait 20 years for interest.

True, but that appeals to my inner geek substantially less.

Interesting more will be available online next week, didn't think they'd do that over here. I'd assumed the allocation would have been pretty much tied up now.

Associate
I think in the main a lot of console hardware will decrease in value or certainly not attain the increase in percentages that make it a worthwhile investment, particularly PAL and US variants. However there are videogame console limited editions that will never ever go below their RRP and some which have simply become very difficult to find:

http://www.gamesradar.com/rarest-and-most-valuable-limited-edition-consoles/

Most of these are released in far smaller numbers, however that said with normal PS4's retailing at £350 RRP it's very unlikely a private seller would let go for less than the £400 they paid, even in 6-12 months. What it's worth in 20 years is anyone's guess but it'll easily be worth much more than a standard PS4 and that's a bonus if you're intending to use it.

Caporegime
https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/542635767840133121

Thurs and Fri is now full. Consoles available online from Monday - Friday with an even bigger daily allocation. Details coming soon!

So much want, going to be very difficult to get I hope they give sufficient notice to a time or something so it's not just random.

Interesting.

If they do that all next week I am certainly going to try and get one. Will be at work really early every day to try for one.

Last edited:
Associate
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-10-today-sony-is-selling-ps4-20th-anniversary-edition-consoles-for-just-19-94-each

Sony UK boss Fergal Gara has told Eurogamer that the company will sell more PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition consoles online to UK customers from Monday, 15th December.

80 per cent of the volume allocated to the UK will be sold online, he told Eurogamer at the opening of the PlayStation '94 retro shop in London this morning.

So that's 800 machines available to the UK on top of the (just under) 200 sold in London this week. Means the UK received twice the number of France, and a twelfth of all of the units.

Soldato
So the ps4 has been out over a year now and there still isn't what I'd call any must have AAA games on it. I'd say the best game on it is still launch indie arcade shooter resogun.

I've barely even booted my ps4 up for about the last 6 months. Pretty shocking state of affairs really.

Soldato
So the ps4 has been out over a year now and there still isn't what I'd call any must have AAA games on it. I'd say the best game on it is still launch indie arcade shooter resogun.

I've barely even booted my ps4 up for about the last 6 months. Pretty shocking state of affairs really.

I think historically consoles don't hit their stride until year two or three, no reason this generation should be any different.

Soldato

Really? It sounds to me the only game you've played is Resogun.

One

One

Soldato

Gtav and last of us are good altho are available on ps3.

Cod AW is good. Mordor is good. Project cars on the horizon.

I don't like resogun.

Edz

Edz

Soldato

Really depends what type of games you like?

Plenty of good games but if there not to your liking then your point is valid.

Currently I have Farcry 4, Destiny, Driveclub, Infamous, PES & BF4 to get on with and would say all of them are good games. None of them are must have imo, that for me arrives in March (Bloodborne) but for others they may well be.

Soldato
I've had mine for 6 months and I am loving it still. Plenty of things to play. If you haven't played anything on it for 6 months then how do you know what is worth playing and what isn't?

But as Edz said, if the stuff isn't to your taste then there isn't a lot you can do about it. Perhaps another hobby?

Back
Top Bottom