*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
It has to be the same version or newer. You can only get the latest from Sony so downloading from the above link you will be fine.

I have a 1TB and I'm just over 800GB full now. I have a 2TB for sale but Tbh I'm thinking of keeping it and swapping for the 1TB...

You must have a ton of games, my 1tb is only about a quarter full with about 5 or 6 games installed.

Soldato
24 hours before any pre-load starts usually.

I read the psn store faq and it confirmed its 1 - 2 days before release...

they have the order 1886 for £49.99 but I can get cdkeys psn top up credit which should make the purchase cheaper..

also witcher 3 is on psn pre order, £40.99 ?? That's quite good to be honest..

Associate
Is there a way of downloading the patches for games in advance as well? Quick google suggest no, but it would be extremely useful for me ahead of the Christmas rush :D

Soldato
Anyone playing plants vs zombies, actual like it which really surprised me. The games modes are not half bad and it seems relatively well balanced, still not a huge fan about 3rd person shooters thou.

I wouldn't pre-order any digital game. If you don't like it then you're stuck with it. I honestly don't know why people buy full priced games digitally :confused:

Digital store on this "next gen" is a joke, games are very very expensive, you lose the ability to share/resell really don't see any point.

Soldato
Anyone playing plants vs zombies, actual like it which really surprised me. The games modes are not half bad and it seems relatively well balanced, still not a huge fan about 3rd person shooters thou.

Digital store on this "next gen" is a joke, games are very very expensive, you lose the ability to share/resell really don't see any point.

yeah I agree, although there has been some great deals this past month.

TLOU was on sale very cheap, not sure the price now, and Driveclub could be had for £30 on release, although most would agree it was not worth it at the time, its a bargain now though.

Walking dead seasons were going for £9.99 each as well recently, down from £19.99.

In general new games are still mostly expensive but I have found when sales are on and ps plus discount also applied there can be some great bargains to be had.

Last edited:
Soldato
Driveclub is awesome. We have just had to wait, that's all ;)

It was worth the wait imo as well. I'm not unhappy with the game , but it was a poor launch no denying that...

I pre ordered drive club, no regrets and I'm going to pre order the order 1886.

The game really interests me, and from recent footage it's looking very good indeed. ready at dawn seem to be doing a bang up job on their first big console release..

Soldato
I wouldn't pre-order any digital game. If you don't like it then you're stuck with it. I honestly don't know why people buy full priced games digitally :confused:

I'm used to it to be honest with years of gaming on pc, moved to ps4 from pc gaming back in November 2013, and been loving PlayStation gaming like it was PlayStation 1 all over again, but this time I'm used to buying games digitally to never sell them, been this way with pc gaming on steam for years..

I've played 32 ps4 games to date, not sold a single one, and I would say around 15 are disc the rest is digital.. vita, I've played every single game digitally no physical copies. and pc gaming having purchased a physical pc game for years....

guess I'm onto the digital eco system ...

Soldato
What size hdd do you use iv-tecman?

cheers

Currently a 500 gb stock. But just about to upgrade to a 2 tb as I can get a Samsung 2 tb in a caddy, remove the drive from the caddy and use the drive in the ps4 and use the 500 gb in the spare caddy..

500 gb isn't big enough I feel, some will argue it is. I don't think it is.

Soldato
Beachboyken is also correct.. psn sales. Ps+ discounts etc can mean some great games can be had for up to half price, or even more...

I've been into game recently, their second hand prices are abysmal at times.. game wanted 24.99 for ps4 walking dead, it's cheaper on psn, and was on sale for 9.99 recently

Man of Honour
I'm used to it to be honest with years of gaming on pc, moved to ps4 from pc gaming back in November 2013, and been loving PlayStation gaming like it was PlayStation 1 all over again, but this time I'm used to buying games digitally to never sell them, been this way with pc gaming on steam for years..

I've played 32 ps4 games to date, not sold a single one, and I would say around 15 are disc the rest is digital.. vita, I've played every single game digitally no physical copies. and pc gaming having purchased a physical pc game for years....

guess I'm onto the digital eco system ...

So what happens when Sony shuts down the servers for their older consoles?

Soldato
Currently a 500 gb stock. But just about to upgrade to a 2 tb as I can get a Samsung 2 tb in a caddy, remove the drive from the caddy and use the drive in the ps4 and use the 500 gb in the spare caddy..

500 gb isn't big enough I feel, some will argue it is. I don't think it is.

yeah, depends I guess, I find a 1TB perfectly fine.

Soldato
So what happens when Sony shuts down the servers for their older consoles?

I guess I'm out of pocket? But like what if steam shuts up shop? I've lost over 150 games in my steam library?

I can still play older PlayStation 1 games via disc if I've still got the console to do so, I guess provided Sony provides a means to download the game to my ps4 in say 10 years time then provided I've got the console to play the game, I guess it'll be ok once Sony have moved onto say ps5 or cloud based gaming...

I've got some old ps 2 games on disc, don't own a ps2 anymore so csnt play those games , but I guess I could sell them.. so yes understand I csnt sell my copy of pure pool of Zen pinball on ps4, but oh wait... those games are digital only anyhow..

Back
Top Bottom