*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Man of Honour
You continue to play the up to date console you have :confused:

I still play Super Nintendo games on occasion, how do we do that in 25 years time on digital download systems?

It's not like I can put my digital games onto a replacement console if mine breaks either as I can't transfer the licences without PSN/XBL/Steam being active.

Soldato
Currently a 500 gb stock. But just about to upgrade to a 2 tb as I can get a Samsung 2 tb in a caddy, remove the drive from the caddy and use the drive in the ps4 and use the 500 gb in the spare caddy..

500 gb isn't big enough I feel, some will argue it is. I don't think it is.

Just fitted the 2TB Samsung into my PS4 works a treat. :)

Caporegime
No doubt youve been asked this question but mind telling me the model of the Samsung you put in? I know people seem to use Seagate but I wouldnt touch them myself while WD have a nasty habit of soldering their HDD connections - Samsung seems a safe purchase and Im getting to the point where 500Gb isnt enough too :)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
No doubt youve been asked this question but mind telling me the model of the Samsung you put in? I know people seem to use Seagate but I wouldnt touch them myself while WD have a nasty habit of soldering their HDD connections - Samsung seems a safe purchase and Im getting to the point where 500Gb isnt enough too :)

It's a ST2000LM003.

I'm pretty sure Samsung and Seagate are the same company now though...

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I still play Super Nintendo games on occasion, how do we do that in 25 years time on digital download systems?

It's not like I can put my digital games onto a replacement console if mine breaks either as I can't transfer the licences without PSN/XBL/Steam being active.

Only thing that concerns me about contemporary gaming; a lot of games are going to be useless minus patches.

Caporegime
It's a ST2000LM003.

I'm pretty sure Samsung and Seagate are the same company now though...
Ta dude

Oh they are - I just dont see Samsung not using their own brand name on their higher quality products. Might be the same across both, but my prior experience is to avoid Seagate when it comes to HDDs
Same here, eurogamer had df article on this, using a Samsung 2 tb external drive which they removed from the caddy and it was in fact a Seagate drive inside the caddy..
Glad you posted might look into that then

Soldato
You can get that external for less than £70 which is cheaper than buying the drive separate. only downside is y warranty claims might be void if there are sings of opening on the enclosure.

Still a nice saving though and you get a caddy for the 500gb drive...

Soldato
Had anybody had issues with psn this week? Sometimes I can't join parties, friends and messages won't load. I'm getting errors all the time in destiny. I'm trying to work out if it's issues with psn or my Internet.

Caporegime
You can get that external for less than £70 which is cheaper than buying the drive separate. only downside is y warranty claims might be void if there are sings of opening on the enclosure.

Still a nice saving though and you get a caddy for the 500gb drive...
Yeah I should have bought one in my last round of portable external HDD buying but ended up with 2x2Tb WD Ultras instead. Im not that near to the 500Gb limit but know its never going to be a good time to swap over

I like the free caddy idea though when I bought dedicated caddies theyve fried my spare HDDs!
Had anybody had issues with psn this week? Sometimes I can't join parties, friends and messages won't load. I'm getting errors all the time in destiny. I'm trying to work out if it's issues with psn or my Internet.
Like you Im on VM but not had any real issues other than Destiny contacting servers message a few times in the last week. Been pretty solid but messages are a PSN issue for sure (it seems to happen when US wakes up), sometimes I have random NAT issues in party chat but a quick leave/rejoin fixes that usually - friends list has been bulletproof since they fixed that :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Same here, eurogamer had df article on this, using a Samsung 2 tb external drive which they removed from the caddy and it was in fact a Seagate drive inside the caddy..

It's the other way :)

Seagate external with a Samsung inside.

It was down to £55 a couple of weeks back on HUKD. I bought the same drive for a server a few months ago.

If I get a PS4 this Christmas it's the first thing I'll do. Was painful replacing the drive in the PS3 and waiting for all the games to download again.

Soldato

Can't say I've noticed any problems, not really played online apart from driveclub time trials though.
Friends list has been OK though for me.

One

One

Soldato

Im fairly certain you would be in the minority though. Most people ditch their old consoles as soon as they upgrade.

Caporegime

No problems here, but that's probably because I haven't turned on my PS4 this week.

Associate
I've had issues all week, I can't even get into destiny anymore (been fine since release) with all multitude of animal errors and can't connect to server.

Psn is dropping out a lot also.

I'm supposed to be in a raid tonight but it might not happen.

I spent all night last night opening ports etc to no avail.

Its honestly to the point now where I can't use the ps4 for online which is a shame as I've had no issues since launch.

With BT by the way.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess it's down to my isp.

I've had issues all week, I can't even get into destiny anymore (been fine since release) with all multitude of animal errors and can't connect to server.

Psn is dropping out a lot also.

I'm supposed to be in a raid tonight but it might not happen.

I spent all night last night opening ports etc to no avail.

Its honestly to the point now where I can't use the ps4 for online which is a shame as I've had no issues since launch.

With BT by the way.

I'm also with BT and I've been having the exact same issues. Hopefully they sort it out soon!

Back
Top Bottom