*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I'm with sky broadband and psn for me has been fine, messaging still slow, but it's been like that for ages... store is quick, profiles and online chat has been fine..

Soldato
What little I've played on my PS4 this week I've had no issues with PSN. BT are utterly **** anyway. I wouldn't use them for internet at all. A friend of mine had constant issues with XBL through BT, they moved to SKY and haven't had any problems. Even though SKY use the same cabinet for the same service.

Caporegime
What little I've played on my PS4 this week I've had no issues with PSN. BT are utterly **** anyway. I wouldn't use them for internet at all. A friend of mine had constant issues with XBL through BT, they moved to SKY and haven't had any problems. Even though SKY use the same cabinet for the same service.

I'm on BT Fibre and had no problems with them at all.

Soldato
Just realised the SkyGo app is now on PS4!!!

Just in time for end of season and playoffs. Sweet!

I tried to activate it last night but said I'd already activated a device this month but it'll be nice to get it off the laptop and onto the PS4 instead. Not sure when last activation was but as long as I can do it before the playoffs in Jan it's all good.

Now I have NHL and NFL on the PS4. Who needs video games.

Soldato
Have you got Sky Go Extra?

I don't know, it's not my account. My parents have Sky but don't need SkyGo so I said I'd pay them and use the service as the only thing I watch is NFL on there. Earlier in the season I'd drive over on Sunday but they seemed to get sick of giving up their TV for 6 hours. :p

I haven't even looked into whether you can subscribe to skyGo by itself - I only started doing it recently to try it out as in the past I purchased NFL Gamepass. Overall I do prefer that because I can pick the game whereas on Sky I'm stuck with whatever they are broadcasting.

I'll have to look into it and see what they have and if I could even just do it myself anyway with my own account.
or if that is expensive just get Gamepass again next season for greater flexibility

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know, it's not my account. My parents have Sky but don't need SkyGo so I said I'd pay them and use the service as the only thing I watch is NFL on there. Earlier in the season I'd drive over on Sunday but they seemed to get sick of giving up their TV for 6 hours. :p

I haven't even looked into whether you can subscribe to skyGo by itself - I only started doing it recently to try it out as in the past I purchased NFL Gamepass. Overall I do prefer that because I can pick the game whereas on Sky I'm stuck with whatever they are broadcasting.

I'll have to look into it and see what they have and if I could even just do it myself anyway with my own account.
or if that is expensive just get Gamepass again next season for greater flexibility

If they have multi-room then they need to activate Sky Go Extra online, if not they need to pay an extra £5 a month. Either way it will mean you can link 4 devices to it instead of the usual 2.

Soldato
Virgin media and psn were ok, miss my virgin media broadband when I moved. Got sky fibre now, it's been fine but virgin media had rock solid download speeds. Miss it.

Soldato
me too - my VM connection was completely rock solid - and at 125mb/s when I moved house

now on BT - first day of install a nice 51mb

now at 34.8mb - and websites randomly taking an age to load etc - nowhere near as good

Soldato
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess it's down to my isp.

I'm also with BT and I've been having the exact same issues. Hopefully they sort it out soon!

Have you changed MTU to anything other than BTs default 1492? Psn network test gave me a fragmented packets warning when I did and things didn't work as well.

PSN might now be blocking fragmented packets to protect against ddos attacks.

Caporegime
Anyone get error NP-31761-8 when attempting to join parties?

On virgin media, forwarded ports, restarted everything, set up the connection again and nothing has helped, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom