*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
If they have multi-room then they need to activate Sky Go Extra online, if not they need to pay an extra £5 a month. Either way it will mean you can link 4 devices to it instead of the usual 2.

They must already have that then as I noticed there are 4 devices when I log in - my brother must have started using it though which is why it didn't let me do it.

Ah well - I can deactivate the laptop in a couple of weeks and just watch the playoffs on PS4 from there then decide what to do next year.

Hopefully the app is good on the PS4. NHL Gamecenter Live is great but wasn't as impressed with SkyGo on the laptop. Should look a lot better on the TV via PS4 though.

Soldato
Sky tv on ps4 is superb.. I've been watching loads of catch up tv and stuff via it. very good indeed. seems my ps4 due to Amazon prime I got when I joined Amazon prime for free delivery and sky go extra and BBC iPlayer plus games has now turned into my first thing I turn on when I walk into the house... as the ps4 turns the tv on, one press of the ps button on my ds4 pad and my tv, ps4 and sound system all come on, boy am I being lazy lol

Associate
Tempted on Littlebigplanet 3 to play over the Christmas period, although I still have Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age to complete. Is LBP3 worth the buck for the content or should I wait? Saw a deal for £35 or so.

Soldato
What kind of download speeds does everyone's ps4 register over wireless who connect that way?

Last check I was getting about 24mbps on virgin media 100mb bb, does that sound ok, never seem to get anywhere near on ps4 with wireless.

Soldato
Last check I was getting about 24mbps on virgin media 100mb bb, does that sound ok, never seem to get anywhere near on ps4 with wireless.

Sounds about right, Sony consoles never seem to max. out my connection. My PS4 and XO are right next to each other, and the XO outperforms the PS4 massively whether it be connected to 2.4GHz wireless or via homeplug.

It was the same with the PS3.

Soldato
Sounds about right, Sony consoles never seem to max. out my connection. My PS4 and XO are right next to each other, and the XO outperforms the PS4 massively whether it be connected to 2.4GHz wireless or via homeplug.

It was the same with the PS3.

Thanks, I still get great fast times with downloads, like you say it was the same on ps3, I doubt a patch would ever improve this as I guess it's hardware based.

Soldato
Tempted on Littlebigplanet 3 to play over the Christmas period, although I still have Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age to complete. Is LBP3 worth the buck for the content or should I wait? Saw a deal for £35 or so.

What type of game is little big planet? I've seen it advertised but no idea what type of game it actually is....

is it a platform puzzle game?

Soldato
What type of game is little big planet? I've seen it advertised but no idea what type of game it actually is....

is it a platform puzzle game?

Yeah, mixed in with a very heavy dose of creative tools. The main story isn't the centre peice (and short) it's all the user created levels and games which are the focus.

Still I enjoy it and so does the other half. :eek:

Soldato
I had BT infinity and changed my routers mtu to 1500 which caused the fragmentation issues.

Making sure the router was 1492 sorted it.

What does this setting do?

I just checked my Asus n66u settings and its set to 1500, I'm using a custom merlin firmware. I've never changed it and I'm on virgin media line.

Caporegime
Yeah, mixed in with a very heavy dose of creative tools. The main story isn't the centre peice (and short) it's all the user created levels and games which are the focus.

Is this the same with Tearaway, too? The game looked intriguing but if it's more LBP with different tools, then I'm not that bothered. I want a proper-length single-player experience.

Soldato
Is this the same with Tearaway, too? The game looked intriguing but if it's more LBP with different tools, then I'm not that bothered. I want a proper-length single-player experience.

I played and completed tear away on ps vita, it was a story based game with creative quests to progress further... I really enjoyed tear away.

very good game, shame it didn't sell too well

Soldato
If anyone is after a good platformer I strongly recommend Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams for £6. Really great gameplay, lovely graphics and a cracking metal soundtrack too. Never heard of it before and took a punt, a real diamond in the rough for me.

Back
Top Bottom