*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Yeah I'm getting 26mbps on BT wireless. Fast enough for what I need it for.

My WiFi is a pain it so shacky on the PS4 I've found. On my PS3 its show I have 90% signal and the speeds are near the max, and its always super stable. The PS4 on the other hand idk the % of signal but the speeds are half of the PS3 and it has random fits where it goes insane.

Thinking to maybe just move to using a powerline and use a cable that way.

Soldato
If anyone is after a good platformer I strongly recommend Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams for £6. Really great gameplay, lovely graphics and a cracking metal soundtrack too. Never heard of it before and took a punt, a real diamond in the rough for me.

I'm fairly sure I got that free as part of ps+ some months back.. I'll have to check my back catalogue..

Soldato
I don't think it was crossbuy. PS3 only.

Still got my ps3 as I'm currently using it to play ratchet and clank with the kids lol... got ratchet and clank all 4 one with ps+ as well..

I still find ps+ excellent value despite all that says the service went downhill..

next month infamous first light, bring it on I say lol

Soldato
My WiFi is a pain it so shacky on the PS4 I've found. On my PS3 its show I have 90% signal and the speeds are near the max, and its always super stable. The PS4 on the other hand idk the % of signal but the speeds are half of the PS3 and it has random fits where it goes insane.

Thinking to maybe just move to using a powerline and use a cable that way.

Not having used mine cant really comment but my brother said his ps4 wifi was pants too, bought a set of 200mbps powerlines and all was good, is the wifi a common problem then?

Soldato
Not having used mine cant really comment but my brother said his ps4 wifi was pants too, bought a set of 200mbps powerlines and all was good, is the wifi a common problem then?

used wifi from the start, never had a problem, played plenty of BF4 and Destiny and downloaded patches and games super fast.

It only registers as 24mbps download over wifi on my 100mb virgin bb but its always been rock solid so far.

Soldato
For anyone who has considered Rayman legend, I made a video because I love the game for these levels. The music and humour is great. Definitely worth the purchase, the GF likes to play 2 player with me too.

Soldato

Thers a huge thread over at reddit and it seems like it just sucks. Think a powerline is the way forward.

Also anyone have a PS TV, the PS4 is in my room (I brought it) but brother complains he can't play since I sleep at a reasonable time on weekdays so thinking to stick it in the living room for him as an xmas gift.

Soldato
Thers a huge thread over at reddit and it seems like it just sucks. Think a powerline is the way forward.

My Wi-Fi on my PS4 seems fine. Downloads and uploads no probs and Netflix works without a hitch, as does streaming.

My PS4 is downstairs in the lounge and my router is in my back bedroom on my PC desk upstairs. It's a BT HH3 and to be fair it has worked great for the 2 years we have had it. Sky box, laptops, phones, PS4 all work fine on Wi-Fi.

Soldato
The Last of Us is just shy of 15GB and it downloaded and installed in less than 40 minutes. To me, that is pretty fast. But then I remember downloading music on a 28k modem where one single song could take a couple of days to download!

Soldato
Its acceptable, but I'm pulling 14-20mb out of 150mb and no other device in my house has this issue. Also have a really nice router, tp link acher c5. My laptop/phone/tablet in the same room all pull the full 150mb.

Soldato
I use WiFi on my ps4 seems fine on my 40 mb sky fibre connection.. it pulls down updates quick enough. reports around 20 mb download speed, not too bed quicker then my ps3

Soldato
Can anyone remember the username for the guy who was on PSN/PS4 but had to sell it to buy food after breaking up with his crazy missus? He made a thread about it but it appears to be gone, and it doesn't look like he is on my PSN contacts list anymore.

Just wondering how he is!

Soldato
Can anyone remember the username for the guy who was on PSN/PS4 but had to sell it to buy food after breaking up with his crazy missus? He made a thread about it but it appears to be gone, and it doesn't look like he is on my PSN contacts list anymore.

Just wondering how he is!

Wow that is really sad, I broke up with a crazy missus around this time last year, walked away with just my clothes, passport, a ps4 and a laptop... it's tough when this happens, thankfully I did have money behind me and rebuilt my life, cost me a fortune to buy all my furniture and a new car, but year down the line, I'm doing ok now.. still got me ps4 as well.. : -).

Hope this dude is ok, feel for him

Back
Top Bottom