*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Yup 5 days extension and 10% discount to PS Store at some point too

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/01/holiday-thank-you/

Hi everyone, Happy New Year! Since access to PlayStation Network was impacted during the holidays, we wanted to show our appreciation for your patience by offering all PlayStation Plus members that had an active membership or free trial on December 25th a membership extension of five days. The extension will be automatically applied, so no action is necessary to receive the extension. We will post additional information here on the blog when the extension becomes available. If your membership or trial ends before the extension is available, you will receive five days of Plus to enjoy once the extension becomes available (we will notify you when).

In addition, sometime this month we will announce that for a limited time, we will be offering a 10 percent discount code good for a one-time discount off a total cart purchase in the PlayStation Store as a thank you to ALL PSN members.

The discount can be used towards great content available on PS Store including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies.

Soldato
Hmmm, is there anywhere that states whether the sign in issues are definitively fixed?

I just tried mine after a couple of days and I still can't sign in. If I type the incorrect password I actually get an error saying it is wrong. If I type the right one it just tries for a bit then says " The connection to the server has been terminated".

I tried faffing around with MTU but that doesn't help. Just wondering if it is only me or there is still actually issues, in which case I will try again in a few days.

rp2000

If you haven't got a static Ip try power cycling your modem to get a new Ip address in case yours got blacklisted.

Soldato
Least they could do i guess. Nice 10% discount, think i may swell use it for the CoD season pass.
Lets just hope they sort the servers out for future.

They use Prolexic security for ddos mitigation who are owned by Akamai. That's as big, good and expensive as it gets.

The Virgins said PSN was harder than Live to knock out by quite a way, make of that what you will.

Seems fair imo, although I'm sure that some will have a moan.

There's 2 or 3 here who don't like Playstation who will find something to be offended about after a few hours thinking hard about it I'm sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
They use Prolexic security for ddos mitigation who are owned by Akamai. That's as big, good and expensive as it gets.

The Virgins said PSN was harder than Live to knock out by quite a way, make of that what you will.

There's 2 or 3 here who don't like Playstation who will find something to be offended about after a few hours thinking hard about it I'm sure.

Im not 100% sure on all that side of things, but i was referring to the many lag issues and problems before the attack. Since I've paid for PSN i find its been worse than when it was free...

Soldato
Im not 100% sure on all that side of things, but i was referring to the many lag issues and problems before the attack. Since I've paid for PSN i find its been worse than when it was free...

Not had any lag issues myself? What issues are you having?

PS4 downloads usually max my fibre connection as well, it never used to on PS3.

Soldato
Has anyone ever bought a digital game before but already had the game on disc? Do i need to delete the install before downloading the digital version?

Back
Top Bottom