*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I'm not that impressed by the Sony reaction to this to be honest - they've offered the equivalent of the downtime, so that's like-for-like, and then 10% off the relatively inflated PSN prices doesn't really get me excited to be honest. They've made a gesture, sure, but it feels like they've done the bare minimum to tick the boxes rather than making a loyalty gesture to members.

Soldato
I'm not that impressed by the Sony reaction to this to be honest - they've offered the equivalent of the downtime, so that's like-for-like, and then 10% off the relatively inflated PSN prices doesn't really get me excited to be honest. They've made a gesture, sure, but it feels like they've done the bare minimum to tick the boxes rather than making a loyalty gesture to members.

I feel they have made a great gesture offering10%, it wasn't something they had to do and not all prices are inflated on PSN. For instance Tomb Raider is £15.00 right now which is cheaper than physical retail copies.

What do you deem adequate compensation?

Caporegime
Hopefully its not waste of time as my internet is sloooooooooow

I got GTA V in ‘hard copy’ and then because I dislike changing discs all the time purchased it via the PlayStation Network too.

The download did not like that there was a present install of the game, and would require the disc to play as per. Uninstalled, downloaded, and worked fine.

Soldato
I got GTA V in ‘hard copy’ and then because I dislike changing discs all the time purchased it via the PlayStation Network too.

The download did not like that there was a present install of the game, and would require the disc to play as per. Uninstalled, downloaded, and worked fine.

Cheers Tummy.

Soldato

Where is this offer?

Soldato

I wish I was as entitled as you it would be great. Sony or MS don't owe us anything imo.

You do know that the downtime was caused by a couple of weirdos who have a pile of crusty socks under their bed using a basic flaw of the internet yes?

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish I was as entitled as you it would be great. Sony or MS don't owe us anything imo.

You do know that the downtime was caused by a couple of weirdos who have a pile of crusty socks under their bed using a basic flaw of the internet yes?

I think we are entitled to a like for like service. They charge us for access, this access was denied, they give it back only seems fair.

The chances are it was also impacted by the extra ps4's this Christmas trying to log in. Let's all move on from this it's getting boring ;)

Soldato

Companies thrive off customers like yourself.

We pay for a service, when that service doesn't work they owe us. It's pretty simple really and the reason why for downtime is completely irrelevant.

Soldato
Companies thrive off customers like yourself.

We pay for a service, when that service doesn't work they owe us. It's pretty simple really and the reason why for downtime is completely irrelevant.

You miss a train because of a terrorist threat closes the station, who pays the compo?

You miss a flight because someone deliberately causes a pile up on the motorway, who pays then?

Sony or MS do not have a compensate anyone because of someone else's criminal behaviour. The criminal should face justice.

Saying that it is nice to be offered something. The offer of giving the lost time back is completely fair imo.

Last edited:
Permabanned
You miss a train because of a terrorist threat closes the station, who pays the compo?

You miss a flight because someone deliberately causes a pile up on the motorway, who pays then?

Sony or MS do not have a compensate anyone because of someone else's criminal behaviour. The criminal should face justice.

Saying that it is nice to be offered something. The offer of giving the lost time back is completely fair imo.

The train company would refund you in that circumstance :rolleyes:

I don't get why some people are like "awww poor Sony, I won't take anything for free, why are you all asking for something" don't forget they are a heartless money hungry corporation like any other, we should get all we can from them, they'd rape us for money in an instant

Soldato
The train company would refund you in that circumstance :rolleyes:

I don't get why some people are like "awww poor Sony, I won't take anything for free, why are you all asking for something" don't forget they are a heartless money hungry corporation like any other, we should get all we can from them, they'd rape us for money in an instant

Sony have refunded as well, all they need to do imo, along with MS. The train company certainly would not pay compensation.

And yes, every company and most individuals on the planet want to make money whats your point?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom