*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Not sure what the problem is. There's nothing wrong with getting a bit of extra performance when it's so easy, though I'd personally draw the line at adding glossy plastic tumours to my console to do so.

Associate
If you grab a Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive model STBX2000401 you can remove the 2TB drive from the enclosure and fit it into your PS4. You can then use the enclosure for your 500GB drive.

It is cheaper buying the drive as a USB external than the bare drive alone.

Exactly what I did, works a treat. Was easy to do. Took longer to download the latest PS4 firmware off the Sony site.

Soldato
Wouldn't there be long-term performance issues with using an SSD in a console, given that it may not do TRIM commands etc.?

I don't see the problem with the 3.5" add-on, at least it fits the PS4 design and if you can get cheaper/bigger drives then fair enough, if you need that (I don't)

Soldato
haha beat me to it!

The beauty of console gaming is not having to worry about all that pap!

Worry about that with your pc configurations.

I got a ps4 in November 2013, launch console. it has revived my love for video games, as before I was playing my games on a alienware 17" laptop due to circumstances at the time.. spent more time tweaking games then playing them. and bought loads of unneeded games in steam sales... Half the time couldn't be bothered to play the games after trying to get them to run smoothly..

since going ps4 I actually play and finish my games now.. granted, not as pretty as high end pc rigs, but gets the job done does my ps4.

Associate
So my L2 trigger has broken on my DS4 pad where it doesn't return fully after pressing due to the plastic hinge breaking.

What's the best way to go about this? Repair or replace?

I had a look at PS4 support online and there seems that there was an online service from Sony where you could notify them of the issue, return the controller and receive a replacement but it doesn't appear to be working at the moment and provides a number to call them. Any one used this?

Alternatively I think I'll just buy a replacement trigger off ebay and fit it myself as it looks fairly straight forward.

Soldato
Wouldn't there be long-term performance issues with using an SSD in a console, given that it may not do TRIM commands etc.?

I don't see the problem with the 3.5" add-on, at least it fits the PS4 design and if you can get cheaper/bigger drives then fair enough, if you need that (I don't)

There is no trim support on PS4 so when SSD's get filled up they get messy. I found once mine had gone over half full it slowed down considerably and caused a few hang ups.

Soldato
Hi all.

Haven't used my PS4 for about 6 months although still paying for PS+.

If I log on tonight, will I be able to d/l the free games that I've missed or are they only free for a limited time?

Quite like to give Binding of Isaac a go.

Cheers.

Soldato
Some good games coming out soon so if you sell you will probably regret it anyway.

I need to start playing mine, not played a game since before Christmas, but I have been a bit ill.

Might get dying light this month, looking at some of the videos it does look very much like dead island in regards to the rooftops with metal shacks.

Soldato
Some good games coming out soon so if you sell you will probably regret it anyway.

I need to start playing mine, not played a game since before Christmas, but I have been a bit ill.

Might get dying light this month, looking at some of the videos it does look very much like dead island in regards to the rooftops with metal shacks.

must admit not used my ps4 much since Xmas mostly as I've been trying to clear the backlog of ps3 games I've got, iconic thing is these ps3 games are a backlog of ps+ games mostly..

And still for beyond two souls etc to play.. just finished la noire... but, order 1886 next month, so looking forward to that...

Soldato
Really enjoying Dragon Age, got it digitally which is very unlike me but was desperate to play over Xmas. Haven't touched GTA V in a while, not really into it.

Soldato
After a problem with my last paddled controller i got another from somewhere else and it feels amazing and works like a dream for COD etc

346mkgh.jpg

kbuj4k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom