*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
A quick question.. Can I fast travel at any point in the game to say, go back to any level, including the first and pick up stuff I missed? I wanna carry on with the story first and get all the pick ups at a later point.

Associate
Has anyone else that has had the console since launch noticed that they've slowed down the disk drive during installs at some point in one of the updates?

It used to be that it sounded like it was going to take off, but installed the disk data really quickly. Now the volume and thus disk speed seems much reduced, just wondering if others have noticed this and I'm not just going mad?

Soldato
Has anyone else that has had the console since launch noticed that they've slowed down the disk drive during installs at some point in one of the updates?

It used to be that it sounded like it was going to take off, but installed the disk data really quickly. Now the volume and thus disk speed seems much reduced, just wondering if others have noticed this and I'm not just going mad?

Can't say I've noticed, probably just got used to it though and it's not that often that you're installing from the disc. I remember noticing it when I first got the PS4 on launch but that was more down to the workmanship of the shelf I had built but it's not something I've thought of for a while.

Associate
I remember it installing really fast is all, and the initial setup time before the game could be launched used to be much shorter. I might put in one of the launch games as a test to see how long the initial setup takes.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've altered the read speed, just to reduce complaints of the noise.

Soldato
Thought I'd dust off my PS4 and play some Shadow of Mordor, nice relaxing game for a Sunday ;). Prompted for an update which is a whopping 8.31 GB in size. Lazy man patching for you.

Yes an 8gb patch would have been compiled in a matter of minutes whereas a patches a couple of MB in size take months.

Back
Top Bottom