*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
OK ,cool so is the game mirrors edge meets dead island? I liked both those games. And do love s bit of zombie mashing..

Long as it's OK to play single player, to be fair dead island was OK single player but it was recommended to team up..

I didn't like Dead Island but really enjoying Dying Light. Plenty to do, even just messing around in the environment bashing zombo heads is plenty of fun. The night/day mechanic adds another level of chaos as being out at night is genuinely tense with the volatiles out and about hunting you, when they pursue you it's a mad rush to a safe zone.

The durability of weapons is a bit of a pain but better than DI and there's plenty of weapons lying around so if anything I'm normally carrying too many.

Soldato
Just bought a PS4 from the Argos deal, mainly for Bloodborne as I'm a big Dark Souls fan, but have some questions.

Firstly, what games do people recommend that aren't (and never will be) on Xbox One? The PS4 came with The Last of Us and The Order.

Do I have to buy PS+ to play online?

What else does the PS4 do that the Xbox One doesn't do or does better than XO (aside from looking better which we all know it does)?

Associate
Just bought a PS4 from the Argos deal, mainly for Bloodborne as I'm a big Dark Souls fan, but have some questions.

Firstly, what games do people recommend that aren't (and never will be) on Xbox One? The PS4 came with The Last of Us and The Order.

Currently you have Killzone, Infamous, Knack, LBP, Driveclub etc

Yes

What else does the PS4 do that the Xbox One doesn't do or does better than XO (aside from looking better which we all know it does)?

install times if that floats your boat.

Soldato

Yes you need PS+ to play online, you probably got a 14 day trial with your console. You get 2 free (usually indie) games a month with PS+ sub.

I really enjoyed Infamous Second Son, you can pick it up cheap. Killzone is PS4 exclusive also, its a decent game if somewhat generic.

Soldato
Thanks for the response lads. I haven't opened the box yet (at work) so if it does come with a free trial that will be handy.

Install times isn't something I've ever been bothered about but quicker is always good I guess. :)

Soldato
Thanks for the response lads. I haven't opened the box yet (at work) so if it does come with a free trial that will be handy.

Install times isn't something I've ever been bothered about but quicker is always good I guess. :)

I am pretty sure when you setup your PSN account it will mention the trial.:)

I have not played the Order yet, but The Last of Us is really a fantastic game. Honestly one of my all time favourite games ever.

I hope you enjoy it mate. :D

Soldato
I am pretty sure when you setup your PSN account it will mention the trial.:)

I have not played the Order yet, but The Last of Us is really a fantastic game. Honestly one of my all time favourite games ever.

I hope you enjoy it mate. :D

Thanks. :D

I've already got a PSN account from years ago before PS+ was needed to play online. Guess I won't be able to use that?

Associate
It was fixed in the very next patch which wasn't all that long in coming, or at least to me it felt like rest mode was only broken for a week or two.

I'd still prefer the long awaited, promised on my PS4 box, instant resume though.

Soldato
Hi

If I'm downloading a game or patch and I decide to put it in rest mode will it still resume?

I'm aware you can download in rest mode I'm just wondering if switching from on to rest mode would effect anything.

Also does anyone notice how speeds seem to switch from say 2mbps to almost 15mbps over WiFi?

I was just watching the download and it goes from slow to fast and vice versa.

Soldato
Grabbed The Order 1886, finally gives me a reason to open up my PS4!

rA7g8xWl.jpg
Been sat in my cupboard since before Christmas, just weren't any games I wanted to play on it over my X1.

0DepW4nl.jpg
LCYwfAZl.jpg
The touchpad is textured which I hadn't realised.

yU3DDwIl.jpg
#11827/12300.

Bad news is by the time I unboxed it & set it up, the footbal started! Will crack on tonight hopefully.

Associate
Hi

If I'm downloading a game or patch and I decide to put it in rest mode will it still resume?

I'm aware you can download in rest mode I'm just wondering if switching from on to rest mode would effect anything.

Also does anyone notice how speeds seem to switch from say 2mbps to almost 15mbps over WiFi?

I was just watching the download and it goes from slow to fast and vice versa.

It will carry on downloading in rest mode yes. And I don't think that's just a wifi issue, I noticed that mine goes from say 300KBps and then to 3MBps and mines wired :\

Back
Top Bottom