*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Not sure if this is the right place to query this, but I've just been charged for Final Fantasy Type-0 from 'The Game Collection', quite far ahead of it's release (20th March).

Hi, Thanks for your pre-order. We have now taken payment for this order as you placed it using PayPal more than 28 days before the release of the item. Your order has NOT been despatched yet. As soon as the item is in stock we will email you again to notify you that it is being despatched. Further details are available in our help pages ... http://www.thegamecollection.net/preorder/ Thanks, Customer Service The Game Collection

I've got no issue with this if it's common practice and legal, but it seems a bit iffy to me.

The link above sends me to a page which shows what they do, but nothing was said at the time of pre-order;

WHEN WILL PAYMENT BE TAKEN?
Credit/Debit Card Payment for pre-orders will be taken 1-3 days before the official release date once we have the items in stock and ready to ship. Payment for orders placed using PayPal will be captured when we dispatch your items unless your order was placed more than 28 days before the official release date. In this case your payment will be captured within 28 days of your order placed.

I'm not too fussed, since it's £8.00 cheaper than Amazon, but it just doesn't sit well with me that they've invented this little method themselves.

Associate
Apparently there is a private beta for the next firmware (2.50) being leaked and it's possibly hitting March/April. Couple of things it apparently has:

- Delete trophies with 0%
- Shareplay at 60fps
- Suspend/Resume

Soldato
That'll please Eurogamer and feed the trolls nicely. Capcom are a bit of an odd developer, interesting titles but sometimes they just seem to lack any real idea on how to deliver... Resident evil HD was 30fps on ps4 and for such an old title and based on gamecube remake at that, bit inexcusable really..

I platted RE:HD last weekend, spent plenty of nights on it. Not once did I feel this game needs 60fps. Felt fine, I was hesitant in purchasing it because of all the hoo har people are making about it.

Back
Top Bottom