*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Are there any scaling/cropping settings in the PS4?

The monitor I have doesn't seem to have great aspect ratio control (It has 1:1, overscan and full. But overscan and full do the same thing, whereas I need one that would "crop"....)

As I have one of those 21:9 monitors. Gaming at 1:1 is normally fine, but well, look at the Order 1886.

10550826_10155290468315176_6188146652039100480_n.jpg

It has black bars all around it, so the image rendered is just a square in the middle of the screen. It's hilarious actually, as all it needs to do is "zoom" and it'd be a full picture :(

There's a setting to adjust screen edge. For some reason it gets some weird results on my tv too. Try adjusting that out to the edge of your screen.

Soldato
Are there any scaling/cropping settings in the PS4?

The monitor I have doesn't seem to have great aspect ratio control (It has 1:1, overscan and full. But overscan and full do the same thing, whereas I need one that would "crop"....)

As I have one of those 21:9 monitors. Gaming at 1:1 is normally fine, but well, look at the Order 1886.

It has black bars all around it, so the image rendered is just a square in the middle of the screen. It's hilarious actually, as all it needs to do is "zoom" and it'd be a full picture :(

Isnt that just the order tho? :p

Caporegime
You're not going to bloody believe it!!

I've plugged the PS4 in to my friends TV which displays it on auto settings and installed the latest software update then disabled DHCP as recommended.

I then reboot the PS4 and record the steps I take to amend the device to 720p.

I get back to mine, repeat the steps taken to change resolution and no luck I then turn the console off and try booting in to safe mode but yet again the green screen appears.

I'm then on my last leg and thought the only other thing to try is to change the HDMI cable (kindly given a new 1mtr one from my friend) which voila magically displays the PS4 however I think the HDMI port on the TV is slightly dodgy as when moving the TV back in to position its flashes on and off.

Bit annoyed that the brand new HDMI cable supplied with the console has caused all of this faffing around but over the moon I can now play with it!

Thank you so much ps3ud0 and Psycho Sonny for your help you guys are awesome!!!
Congrats, if its a dodgy HDMI connector you may have to fiddle if it comes back - had the same with a cheap HMDI switch.
I have a 21:9 screen, as opposed 16:9. The Order is 21:9 (Which is why it black bars on 16:9 screens), but on my 21:9 screen, the entire thing has a black bar (Like a box in a box)
Problem you have is that even though The Order is 21:9 it presents itself as a 16:9 image (so I guess when you normally view games you are used to black borders left and right of the image) so unfortunately it wont be detected correctly. Cant think of anything on the PS4 that allows you to zoom, shame you dont have the option to do so via the monitor

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I have a 21:9 screen, as opposed 16:9. The Order is 21:9 (Which is why it black bars on 16:9 screens), but on my 21:9 screen, the entire thing has a black bar (Like a box in a box)

But the ps4 is designed to output at a TV standard aspect ratio, so the output signal will always be 1080 or 720. Even though the order may look like it is 21:9, the ps4 will still send the signal out as 1080, but just not render anything at the top and bottom of the screen.

Caporegime
I'm finding it hard to get into Infamous: First Light. It's quite different from the first two on PS3 so everything feels wrong. Does Infamous: Second Son ease you into the new gameplay a bit better? I'm wondering if I should buy and play that first.

Caporegime
Also - can someone out there try Resogun? Since the PS4 downloaded the latest patch for that game, all the neat audio from the DS4 speaker seems to have stopped.

EDIT: Solved this one. It seems from either a firmware update or game update, the controller volume levels have been reduced. So whazzing them up to maximum restores the speaker sounds.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm finding it hard to get into Infamous: First Light. It's quite different from the first two on PS3 so everything feels wrong. Does Infamous: Second Son ease you into the new gameplay a bit better? I'm wondering if I should buy and play that first.

I could not get into Second Son, the city just felt dead and tasks were all the same. the graphics were very good and a lot of people like the game but personally I though it was a bit poor.

Soldato
Just turned my ps4 on from rest mode and was greeted with a "driveclub update added to downloads" .
Now I went into the downloads area and it said preparing to download which stayed at this for around 5 minutes

Went back to check a couple of minutes later and it was at about 6.75gb/7.50gb downloaded:eek:

I have 100mb broadband and my ps4 is over WiFi but that seems superfast (not that I'm complaining) or had it already downloaded some of it?

All In all it took no longer than 10mins to download a 7gb patch over WiFi.

Caporegime
Just turned my ps4 on from rest mode and was greeted with a "driveclub update added to downloads" .
Now I went into the downloads area and it said preparing to download which stayed at this for around 5 minutes

Went back to check a couple of minutes later and it was at about 6.75gb/7.50gb downloaded:eek:

I have 100mb broadband and my ps4 is over WiFi but that seems superfast (not that I'm complaining) or had it already downloaded some of it?

All In all it took no longer than 10mins to download a 7gb patch over WiFi.
Something I recently found out is that the whole patch size is all the cumulative patches for that particular game (so for DC its 7.5Gb) and if you are up-to-date it skips all of them bar the latest one (which looking at your numbers is about 750Mb)

So no it didnt download 7Gb in 10mins :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom