*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Basically, yes.

If it's like XO, you wont even necessarily have to pause manually, the game will do it itself.

However you'll need to leave the PS4 in rest mode, not fully off, and there is a disclaimer on the release notes that say not all titles support it, unlike XO which is I think global across all titles and apps.

Had problems with it on my XB1 some work some dont, but i assume that the disclaimer is there for online only games like online persistent games like MMOs which would just kick you from the game after a while any way.

Soldato
Had problems with it on my XB1 some work some dont, but i assume that the disclaimer is there for online only games like online persistent games like MMOs which would just kick you from the game after a while any way.

Yeah, in Forza Horizon 2 if I was in an online session I just resumed from the same place albeit offline.

Can't say I've ever had an issue with it.

Soldato
Noticed my pad doesn't turn off after 10 minutes anymore, ps4 doesn't turn off after a hour of none use either.

Checked settings and they are set to do it. Has the recent update buggered this up?

Soldato
Noticed my pad doesn't turn off after 10 minutes anymore, ps4 doesn't turn off after a hour of none use either.

Checked settings and they are set to do it. Has the recent update buggered this up?

Theres a new update on 26th March. Try again then mate. Hopefully it fixes your issues :)

Soldato
2.50 installed

Not noticed before but we have a restart option now and the turn off ps4 has been put into a sub folder.
So when you go to power down the ps4, the main option is only for rest mode anything else is under power options.

Overall I think this update is very good and with each update the system is just getting better and better.

Last edited:
Associate
Not noticed before but we have a restart option now and the turn off ps4 has been put into a sub folder.
So when you go to power down the ps4, the main option is only for rest mode anything else is under power options.

Yeah that new discover option explained it (which spammed me with stuff for quite a while), if you have any rest mode options enabled it will display rest mode. If they're all turned off then it will show Turn off PS4 instead.

Back
Top Bottom