*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
No lag at all for me either. I'm loving Suspend/Resume. I've tested it on several games and all of them worked fine and I was back in the game in well under 10 seconds of switching on the console :)

Last edited:
Associate
Trying some games with suspend/resume, after being in rest mode for a few minutes.

Ground Zeroes: Beeps, splash screen after 4 seconds, in game after another 3 or 4.

Driveclub: Beeps, splash screen after about 2 seconds and in game about 1/4 (Yes, one quarter!) a second after that.... THAT WAS FAST.

edit: And apparently when I go to record it, I don't even get the splash screen xD, beeps at about 3 seconds in.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's faster than I can get back into a game on the X1. This update is freaking great. Pretty much most of the things people have been crying out for have been added. Sony do seem to be listening and have taken the update feedback on board. I think the OS is great these days.

Associate
That's faster than I can get back into a game on the X1. This update is freaking great. Pretty much most of the things people have been crying out for have been added. Sony do seem to be listening and have taken the update feedback on board. I think the OS is great these days.
It is a decent update, I'm especially liking Suspend/Resume but there is still a lot of work to do in my opinion.

Just some of the things I hope they will add in the future:
* DLNA
* Friend online/offline notifications with the option to turn this feature on/off and also an option to only show certain friends.
* An option to sort friends into different groups
* Folders!
* An option to pin your favourite games to the home screen instead of it being in order of the games that you last played.
* Custom wallpapers so that we are not only limited to a few colour schemes or dynamic themes.
* A mode to appear offline to friends whilst still being online. Watching netflix and getting friends inviting me to games is annoying!
* Being able to play video files from a USB stick, or even better to allow you to copy video files to the hard drive. Also the ability to copy and play mp3 files from the hard drive.
* Ability to change PSN username at least once every so often, they could maybe charge a small fee for this.
* Being able to delete things from the library. I think it is poor that I still have things like the fifa 14 demo or destiny Beta showing in my library that I deleted many months ago.

I could name quite a few more but I will stop there :D The ps3 has most of these features so hopefully we will see them at some point. I read that Sony does not want to simply copy and paste features from the PS3, they want to build them from the ground up so I appreciate it will take some time.

Associate
its a shame the PS4 sucks as a media streamer, really should have read about it before I bought one and I don't like plex

The PS3 was great at Media streaming so dunno why they cut it out

All my AV setup is sony :)

Soldato
It is a decent update, I'm especially liking Suspend/Resume but there is still a lot of work to do in my opinion.

Just some of the things I hope they will add in the future:
* DLNA
* Friend online/offline notifications with the option to turn this feature on/off and also an option to only show certain friends.
* An option to sort friends into different groups
* Folders!
* An option to pin your favourite games to the home screen instead of it being in order of the games that you last played.
* Custom wallpapers so that we are not only limited to a few colour schemes or dynamic themes.
* A mode to appear offline to friends whilst still being online. Watching netflix and getting friends inviting me to games is annoying!
* Being able to play video files from a USB stick, or even better to allow you to copy video files to the hard drive. Also the ability to copy and play mp3 files from the hard drive.
* Ability to change PSN username at least once every so often, they could maybe charge a small fee for this.
* Being able to delete things from the library. I think it is poor that I still have things like the fifa 14 demo or destiny Beta showing in my library that I deleted many months ago.

I could name quite a few more but I will stop there :D The ps3 has most of these features so hopefully we will see them at some point. I read that Sony does not want to simply copy and paste features from the PS3, they want to build them from the ground up so I appreciate it will take some time.

If they add that notification you can be certain that you can turn it off/on as there is a notification menu within the settings that let's you turn off/on all notifications such as "said friend has joined a party".
Not sure if it's a new feature but I only just discovered notification settings!

Soldato
Resume mode is quicker. And tried suspend with sleeping dogs. Worked perfectly fine. Quick as well.

Love how when you earn a trophy it takes a screen grab lol neat.

Over all good update. Cleaned out 0% trophies from my profile, and why is the store now a tile? Not so sure about that change... But other then this,yesh seems ok.

Soldato
suspend / resume is awesome. used it about 5 times today, as have ps4 set to go into rest mode after 20mins of inactivity so anytime I go for a rest break or much time in-between, don't have to restart in bloodborne with respowned enemies.

Back
Top Bottom