*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Why people buy digital games? Higher prices + no resell value at all?
Not to mention you can buy preowned retail games from many stores for nice prices.

DIABLO 3

29,99 DIGITAL
26,99 RETAIL

DARK SOULS 2

44,99 DIGITAL
30,95 RETAIL

BLOODBORNE

49,99 DIGITAL
42-44 RETAIL

THE EVIL WITHIN
29,99 DIGITAL on sale!
19,95 RETAIL or preowned 17,99 at GAME

etc

ok digital is easy not having discs around....but shouldn't prices be other way around?
doesn't make sense at all....people don't let digital way fool you....

i do buy digital games only when there's a big difference to retail, like flash sales.

You get the idea? :)

I share the games with my brother so buying 2 copies of a game would be 2 x retail. Compared with 1 x digital. I also share psn plus. So we can both play the same game at the same time online but only pay for one copy/sub.

Works out much cheaper than buying retail 95% of the time as although digital price may be £50, you can usually buy £50 worth of credit for like £44 so the real price of digital games is cheaper than what is reflected on the store unless you don't buy cheap credit.

Caporegime
Why people buy digital games? Higher prices + no resell value at all?
Not to mention you can buy preowned retail games from many stores for nice prices.

DIABLO 3

29,99 DIGITAL
26,99 RETAIL

DARK SOULS 2

44,99 DIGITAL
30,95 RETAIL

BLOODBORNE

49,99 DIGITAL
42-44 RETAIL

THE EVIL WITHIN
29,99 DIGITAL on sale!
19,95 RETAIL or preowned 17,99 at GAME

etc

ok digital is easy not having discs around....but shouldn't prices be other way around?
doesn't make sense at all....people don't let digital way fool you....

i do buy digital games only when there's a big difference to retail, like flash sales.

You get the idea? :)

In Spain the games all have Spanish Audio (a large amount of them). So the easiest way is for me to buy digitally with my UK PSN account. You can always knock off a fiver from the digital price by getting "cheap" PSN top ups. Once I add in the extra delivery time from UK and higher delivery costs, it is often only a small difference to the retail price. This only holds true for new games, but I buy most games I intend to get either within the first month, or I wait till they are on sale, digitally, many months after release.

Why do such big games on Bluray only hold 1 language audio track? Laziness I guess, I am sure the voice parts are small and not in 5.1 surround sound so they could put all of them on one disk!!!

rp2000

Caporegime
OP
In Spain the games all have Spanish Audio (a large amount of them). So the easiest way is for me to buy digitally with my UK PSN account. You can always knock off a fiver from the digital price by getting "cheap" PSN top ups. Once I add in the extra delivery time from UK and higher delivery costs, it is often only a small difference to the retail price. This only holds true for new games, but I buy most games I intend to get either within the first month, or I wait till they are on sale, digitally, many months after release.

Why do such big games on Bluray only hold 1 language audio track? Laziness I guess, I am sure the voice parts are small and not in 5.1 surround sound so they could put all of them on one disk!!!

rp2000

It's to stop people buying games on the cheap.

Put it this way the ruble is being hammered right now. If russian games had english audio. We would all be buying russian copies. But they don't so we cannot.

Caporegime
Well on PS3/360 there were numerous games that I bought/sold/rebought/resold. So at least with digital they'll always be in my library in case I want to play them again. Plus there's no danger of me snapping a Blu-ray Disc in half after having a multiplayer rage (I'm looking at you Killzone 3!)

Caporegime
It's to stop people buying games on the cheap.

Put it this way the ruble is being hammered right now. If russian games had english audio. We would all be buying russian copies. But they don't so we cannot.

Indeed, it's just the currency crisis are relatively recent. I recall PS2 and PS3 games having multiple languages per disc, so it's just greed or laziness with PS4 games imo.

rp2000

Soldato
Bloodborne cost me £25 digital hence not getting retail as I wanted to play it as soon as it came out. I rarely buy digital.

You still playing bloodborne?

I purchased drive club digital, the order 1886, bloodborne and some psn titles you cannot get retail. Didn't think the order 1886 was a wise digital purchase. I enjoyed the game, but its replay value is so low, it was an expensive 8 hour experience.

Drive club was worth every penny , and bloodborne once I got to grips with the difficultly level has proved a worthy purchase.

And the fact I can play bloodborne , and quit the game and fire up Spotify then either drive club, or Zen pinball or even pure pool of the golf club without needing to insert any blu ray yep.. I'm a bone idol gamer, can't be arsed to insert a blu ray...

And I get to listen to my fav music whilst gaming now without even inserting a usb stick. Better yet. I can control my music whilst playing my games with my mobile on Spotify, and when I'm finished, just press the power button on my tv remote and everything enters into suspend , I'm so lazy lol

Caporegime
And the fact I can play bloodborne , and quit the game and fire up Spotify then either drive club, or Zen pinball or even pure pool of the golf club without needing to insert any blu ray yep.. I'm a bone idol gamer, can't be arsed to insert a blu ray...

And I get to listen to my fav music whilst gaming now without even inserting a usb stick. Better yet. I can control my music whilst playing my games with my mobile on Spotify, and when I'm finished, just press the power button on my tv remote and everything enters into suspend , I'm so lazy lol
Someone needs his missus back :mad:
yes Im joking :p
ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
OP
erm 500gb to small anyone ? playing digital is hard :p

i still won't buy digital, rather flash sales.

digital vs physical makes zero difference to capacity of the hard drive.

all games are fully installed to the hard drive, so all your physical copies take the same space as digital copies.

You still playing bloodborne?

I purchased drive club digital, the order 1886, bloodborne and some psn titles you cannot get retail. Didn't think the order 1886 was a wise digital purchase. I enjoyed the game, but its replay value is so low, it was an expensive 8 hour experience.

Drive club was worth every penny , and bloodborne once I got to grips with the difficultly level has proved a worthy purchase.

Do you have a speaker setup? I recently upgraded my yamaha soundbar with another better yamaha soundbar because I found it a little lacking and I got a good deal on it.

I wouldn't even bother turning spotify on if I was using the TV's speakers but with the soundbar it does the music some justice at least. Hopefully have a proper floorstander setup within the next 12 months.

Soldato
digital vs physical makes zero difference to capacity of the hard drive.

all games are fully installed to the hard drive, so all your physical copies take the same space as digital copies.

Do you have a speaker setup? I recently upgraded my yamaha soundbar with another better yamaha soundbar because I found it a little lacking and I got a good deal on it.

I wouldn't even bother turning spotify on if I was using the TV's speakers but with the soundbar it does the music some justice at least. Hopefully have a proper floorstander setup within the next 12 months.

I don't use the TV speaker. I have a HDMI and digital optical in amp which I root all my sound through this to two Tallboy speakers and a centre at the front and two speaker for the rear and a sub , and it does the job.

The sony TV I have has various options to root sound to external amps, meaning you can turn the internal speakers off.

Spotify sounds fine over it. Does me anyhow..

Caporegime
And how is your Spanish coming along, rp? Are you fluent yet? :p

He can sing MJ in Spanish I hear

ps3ud0 :cool:

Not even close to fluent!!!! Enough to get by, and enough to ask the man in GAME if I can take the game home and return it if it is all in Spanish. The answer to this is always "No!!" :D:D

I guess I can just about translate some MJ song names to Spanish though, like "Negra o Blanco" or "chica liberiano" ;)

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom