*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
got mine for £23, i use the bay, buy a primary account digital release, can have 13 or 14 primary accounts on a single PS4 and all achievements and multiplay work on your main account, when finished game you delete game and account and just get another. Cheapest option and save a fortune.

Associate
Guys, just need some advice. I've always bought digital games from my (only) UK account. However I'd like to try The Last of Us. It's £40 on UK PSN or it can be had for circa £11 from a cd key website, however it is a US digital download code.

I've read up how to buy through a U.S. account however need some reassurances...

(1) once purchased on my US account, can I log in my normal UK account and play without any ifs or buts?

(2) what about DLC or season passes, same again, would they work on my UK account?

(3) what are the down sides to US buying and playing on UK account? Anything I need to know?

Edit: OK, I'm confused now. A website says to play the game on your UK account, you need to set the US account as your primary PS4. So what's the implication there? I can't play my UK purchased digital games without making the UK account my primary PS4 again? FFS, why can't they just honour the pricing globally!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Guys, just need some advice. I've always bought digital games from my (only) UK account. However I'd like to try The Last of Us. It's £40 on UK PSN or it can be had for circa £11 from a cd key website, however it is a US digital download code.

I've read up how to buy through a U.S. account however need some reassurances...

(1) once purchased on my US account, can I log in my normal UK account and play without any ifs or buts?

(2) what about DLC or season passes, same again, would they work on my UK account?

(3) what are the down sides to US buying and playing on UK account? Anything I need to know?

1. Yes - I believe you'll need to set the US account on your console for the PS4 to be the primary console.

2. DLC and season passes would need to be the US versions I believe

3. None that I can think of.

More info here. http://www.nowgamer.com/ps4-how-to-buy-us-digital-psn-games/

Associate
Well, so far so good. Have a US account setup as well as my UK one. Both are set as primary activations. Purchased a US digital download code, entered on US PSN store. The game is now downloading. When I switch to my UK account, the download progress shows in there too.

I guess this is going to work. What confused me is thinking I could only have EITHER my US or UK account activated as primary, when in fact you can have both activated.

So, once it downloads I'm assuming I can get on and play the game either in single or multiplayer on my PS+ UK account.

Caporegime
The main reason why you set the PS4 as the US primary is to ensure your UK account can play the game. If it wasnt primary youd have to play it on your US PSN account

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
If any of you Resogun nuts wants to play it over again, there are now PS3/Vita versions of the game with a separate set of trophies. You just have to add it to your basket again if you already own it on PS4 with PS+.

EDIT: Seems it came out as long ago as December. I only just noticed it because it was saying "Free" on the PS store rather than "Purchased".

Last edited:
Soldato
Have the Spotify icon on my home screen which I'm yet to download but I have noticed I still have the music unlimited icon?
Clicking on that directs me to Spotify.

Should it not of been removed in the update. Anyone else the same.

Soldato
I've asked before about the fan noise of the ps4 but im positive something is up with mine, I've just been playing a bit of minecraft on it and the fan spun up which is fair enough stopped playing 20 mins ago and its still sat at the same level, surely it should have cooled down by now?

Soldato
I've asked before about the fan noise of the ps4 but im positive something is up with mine, I've just been playing a bit of minecraft on it and the fan spun up which is fair enough stopped playing 20 mins ago and its still sat at the same level, surely it should have cooled down by now?

Had mine for a week or so now, and it's been whisper quiet. Not once have I cottoned on to any fan noise from it... and my PS3 literally sits on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom