*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
So only had my PS4 for a couple of days, first impressions:

- It's small compared to the One! Side by side, it's nice and streamlined
- The pad is much, much better than previous iterations. I always had problems with the Six Axis coming from the gaming delight that is the Xbox 360/One pad, but have to say after using it for a small amount of time it feels much improved. Still not up there with the One pad, but it's not an issue anymore (Unlike the PS3 pad, where I bought a 360 style replacement)
- The pad battery sucks

Can't compare any games, as I've bought it for exclusives, Bloodborne is all i've played and it's awesome :) (Got TLOU and Infamous second son also)

Quick Q, do you guys generally use the rest/suspend game power option? I really like that on the One, but it sounds like the HDD is constantly spinning on the PS4?

Caporegime
Quick Q, do you guys generally use the rest/suspend game power option? I really like that on the One, but it sounds like the HDD is constantly spinning on the PS4?

I only use it during the day when I know I'm going back to it, if I'm going out or it's night time I will switch it off completely. I don't want it crashing if the power has a funny half hour.

Soldato
Not at this point in time, no. Maybe they will add an option in a future firmware update.

Looking forward to seeing that option in 6-8 months then. :p

Haven't used suspend at all yet, but I do usually leave the console in rest mode so it installs updates etc, otherwise you're faced with it downloading them all at once when you next turn it on.

Soldato
The ps4 is designed to remain in rest mode. With suspend resume, controller charging, games updating etc. I don't see why you wouldn't use it. It costs like £6 a year in electricity.

Caporegime
I don't know if the picture is removed from the trophy list when you delete the screenshot. I'll have to try it. The screenshot doesn't appear in the PS app so it doesn't look like it's getting uploaded to Sony's servers.

EDIT: If you delete the screenshots from your gallery on PS4, they will disappear from the trophy list too. So it's only acting like a shortcut. Somewhat of a shame but some of the screenshots are naff anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I only use it during the day when I know I'm going back to it, if I'm going out or it's night time I will switch it off completely. I don't want it crashing if the power has a funny half hour.

Haven't used suspend at all yet, but I do usually leave the console in rest mode so it installs updates etc, otherwise you're faced with it downloading them all at once when you next turn it on.

The ps4 is designed to remain in rest mode. With suspend resume, controller charging, games updating etc. I don't see why you wouldn't use it. It costs like £6 a year in electricity.

Thanks chaps.

Soldato
Just be sure to enable the stuff in power management. For example, set controllers to charge for 3 hours, enable suspend/resume etc. Rest mode is awesome!

Soldato
Rest mode is great for getting updates etc. Resume works a treat for me...only tried it on Bloodborne so far and because I am in online mode it has once kicked me out...but generally I switch on a and I am right back into the game.

Soldato
Anyone know if it is possible to stream music from iTunes through the PS4? I havent been able to find anything with my Google-Fu other than people saying the PS4 is terrabad for multimedia functionality.

Soldato
Agree, can't see any reason not to use rest mode.

I never use rest mode, Ok, I have to download updates when I turn it on but how long does that take, not very. I can just go make a cuppa or take a shower.

Spotify app is pretty decent though.

Spotify is great although it's a PITA when you start a game only to then want to open it up :mad:

Back
Top Bottom