*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I've just started far cry 4 (on medium difficulty)

Am I playing it wrong? Cause I'm finding it very very difficult. Trying to silently capture an outpost and stealthily kill all the guards is nigh on impossible? I always get seen, or raise suspicion! On top of that, while creeping, I get honey badgers, tigers or whatever up in my grill, giving me grief and giving away my position.

I'm almost ready to take it out my drive and put it away for good. Can anyone give me any tips? I'm tearing my hair out! :D :(

Soldato

Am I playing it wrong? Cause I'm finding it very very difficult. Trying to silently capture an outpost and stealthily kill all the guards is nigh on impossible? I always get seen, or raise suspicion! On top of that, while creeping, I get honey badgers, tigers or whatever up in my grill, giving me grief and giving away my position.

I'm almost ready to take it out my drive and put it away for good. Can anyone give me any tips? I'm tearing my hair out! :D :(

It does get easier once you rank up more & then it starts to get really fun. I almost gave up on taking outposts undetected too, but once you get the hang of it, its easier. My first one, I just kept on throwing in meat and let a few bears kill everyone :D

Caporegime
When you throw meat, does a random animal spawn? As all I seem to get are wolves. And they just get mowed down in seconds :s

What weapons are you using for clearing outposts and do you scout them out?

I use the recurve bow, silent and I also use the binoculars to scout as many people as I can. Then I move in and wipe them out. If it goes wrong I them switch to the rifle and wipe everyone out.

Soldato

Hight is your friend. Look for a hill next to an outpost, scout from there. I'd often scout from one side then take a big swing around the outpost to a hill on the otherside and scout some more, then pick my way in. This makes it pretty simple for most tbh.

Soldato
I bought the recurve bow as my one of my first purchased weapons. And a sight for it which has the drop in numbers. I'm scouting the outpost first from height and "sniping" enemies with my bow. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I didn't think of luring soldiers out the camp with stones. Thanks for a tips guys. I don't wanna give up on it as I feel the game is massive and there's so much to do. If the **** hits the fan I usually go in gung ho with the pkm.

So basically lure them out with pebbles and finish them with the bow. :) is it worth picking the body up and dumping it elsewhere?

Also, I'd feel it would be a tad easier if I had a silencer for the dragunov. :p

Soldato
The alarm boxes are yellow with a green light on them, attached to a post. Shoot them or get up close and disable them. I'd just shoot them while scouting though.

Takes all alarms out before attacking the outpost, I'd forgot about them. Once they are gone it's stupidly easy lol.

Soldato
Thanks chaps! I'll give it a go later this afty and see how I get on :)

Edit : been playing all afternoon with the tips you guys gave me. Been having a blast. Finding it a bit easier after unlocking the M-700 with a suppressor. And replacing the slow pump shotgun with the lever action shotgun. :D clearing out outposts is a piece of cake, just destroy the alarm box with the suppressed sniper rifle and go from there :p

Also, the explosive arrow tips are so awesome! :D :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just started The Last of Us remastered, I never really gave it a chance on the PS3 as I felt it didn't play very smooth. But wow, on the PS4 with the extra grunt what an incredible game.

Now I understand the hype :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks chaps! I'll give it a go later this afty and see how I get on :)

Edit : been playing all afternoon with the tips you guys gave me. Been having a blast. Finding it a bit easier after unlocking the M-700 with a suppressor. And replacing the slow pump shotgun with the lever action shotgun. :D clearing out outposts is a piece of cake, just destroy the alarm box with the suppressed sniper rifle and go from there :p

Also, the explosive arrow tips are so awesome! :D :D

Have you got the grenade launcher yet?

If so equip it and it almost becomes easy mode (first section at least). :)

Soldato
Just got it. Doing a mission to kill and skin one of the special fish off the side of a fisherman's rock :p it was awesome. Hovering on a microlight with nade launcher in hand :D

Back
Top Bottom