*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

I don't understand why Sony have done this. The objective now is to enable play of some PS3 games on PS4. But I can't see that being a huge attraction as more and more PS4 games come out.

So if we go to PS5 are they going to have streaming of PS4 games and not have any backward compatibility again? I'd rather have the latter.

PS now works on newer selected bravia TV and selected Samsung TV sets. PS vita, PS vita TV etc. So I do see where they are going with this...

Being able to play PlayStation games without a console on your TV with just a ds4 controller does sound appealing if all you want to do is play some previous ps3 titles and not have a ps3 under the TV.

PS now works on newer selected bravia TV and selected Samsung TV sets. PS vita, PS vita TV etc. So I do see where they are going with this...

Being able to play PlayStation games without a console on your TV with just a ds4 controller does sound appealing if all you want to do is play some previous ps3 titles and not have a ps3 under the TV.

Oh I see. I didn't realise it was for more than the PS4. :D

I don't understand why Sony have done this. The objective now is to enable play of some PS3 games on PS4. But I can't see that being a huge attraction as more and more PS4 games come out.

So if we go to PS5 are they going to have streaming of PS4 games and not have any backward compatibility again? I'd rather have the latter.
Its more proof of concept - no doubt streaming is the way gaming will end up going. So many advantages to Sony to control how revenue is divided up - theres some inherent benfits for gamers too, but its never a good idea to give up all the keys to the castle...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Its more proof of concept - no doubt streaming is the way gaming will end up going. So many advantages to Sony to control how revenue is divided up - theres some inherent benfits for gamers too, but its never a good idea to give up all the keys to the castle...

ps3ud0 :cool:

I was discussing this today with a work mate.. I said, onlive got purchased by Sony only for them to shut it down, he said he'd purchased a few games from on live and now has lost access to them.. But likewise Microsoft shut gfwl down, and some games on that system are now in limbo... I think recently dirt 3 went steam works and code masters did provide dlc free of charge , but I do recall I had prince of Persia on games for windows. And I think I can no longer play it. Not sure.

So yes. Let's hope psn or steam never shuts down ... As I myself have pretty much a huge percentage of my games stored via psn or steam. Does make you wonder if digital is truly safe, but I'm invested in steam and psn so no turning back now.

Pretty impressed with PS Now, had half an hour or so playing Beyond, the IQ was a little grainy but overall very good.

I did notice that the trophies I'd unlocked didn't show when I looked for them back on the PS4 trophy menu though, unsure whether that's a bug, or their is a delay.

Pretty impressed with PS Now, had half an hour or so playing Beyond, the IQ was a little grainy but overall very good.

I did notice that the trophies I'd unlocked didn't show when I looked for them back on the PS4 trophy menu though, unsure whether that's a bug, or their is a delay.

You have to sync them with the XMB whilst playing a PS3 game.

guys, is it possible to preorder on psn without having a card linked to my account and no funds in my wallet?

I want to preorder project cars digitally but I dont want to store my card or add funds to my wallet just yet.

thanks

does anyone have any games they suggest as a must play?

ive just finished bloodborne and im selling dragon age as after over 40 hours i just dont have the willpower to finish it off!

im tempted with Dark Souls 2 but i got it on PS3 and sold it after less than 10 hours as i didnt enjoy being overwhelmed by enemies as it seems cheaper then previous games in the series.

id like a more casual possibly linear affair after the intensity of bloodborne.

Wolfenstein :)

That may be a good call actually, I have been looking around and I didn't realise how many games I have owned, a simple and fun shooter would be a nice change of pace... I'm also currently downloading a trial of far cry 4 as it's a series I have never played properly.

I'm also tempted to pick up skylanders and steal my daughters figures as it's a fun mindless game to play

Playing through far cry 4 at the moment. There's so much to do! I paid 20 pound for this game and I feel it is very well worth it!

The story is.. So so. But there's so much other stuff going on that I haven't followed the story for quite a while now. Just liberating bell towers, hunting big game for skins for the fashion shows, freeing hostages (killing two bad guys with a single well placed sniper shot is satisfying as hell!)

I could talk ages about the stuff I've been up to but I'll leave that to you to find out when you buy it :p

That may be a good call actually, I have been looking around and I didn't realise how many games I have owned, a simple and fun shooter would be a nice change of pace... I'm also currently downloading a trial of far cry 4 as it's a series I have never played properly.

I'm also tempted to pick up skylanders and steal my daughters figures as it's a fun mindless game to play

It's theatrically brilliant, the story is good, the game play is solid and it's damn fun blowing killer nazis to pieces. You can probably get it for £15 used now too :p

It's theatrically brilliant, the story is good, the game play is solid and it's damn fun blowing killer nazis to pieces. You can probably get it for £15 used now too :p

Excellent game, and off topic.

Were you an amiga fan back in the day?

Captain planet and robocod were amiga games if I'm not mistaken? Actually they were across more platforms then Amiga but i remember them on Amigas

Excellent game, and off topic.

Were you an amiga fan back in the day?

Captain planet and robocod were amiga games if I'm not mistaken? Actually they were across more platforms then Amiga but i remember them on Amigas

Loved the Amiga and both those games on it (hence both the usernames :) ). So many fun games on that system and it's nostaglic thinking of heading round to mates to play 2player micro machines or tackling a level each on James Pond 2 (robocod). My ex GF loved the Amiga too. For xmas one year I bought her an old Amiga500 off ebay, with the cartoon classics pack, she was ecstatic haha - it had Lemmings, Captain Planet, Simpsons and Delux Paint 3! How wonderful was that! :p http://www.amigahistory.plus.com/bundles/cartclass.jpg

Back
Top Bottom