*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Speaking of hard drives what's the best one to get these days? Was thinking 2tb also not really bothered about saving a few seconds off loading time as long as it's not worse than the stock drive :).

Seems the seagate expansion 2tb is a good one to go for according to all the threads I've read on here. I'm just waiting for a price drop hopefully, it's currently £64.99.

Definitely noticing an improvement in the OS with firmware 2.51. Now when you press the PS button at the trophy notification, it takes you to the trophy screen almost instantaneously. There is no longer the clear 1 second lag from before. Good stuff.

Definitely noticing an improvement in the OS with firmware 2.51. Now when you press the PS button at the trophy notification, it takes you to the trophy screen almost instantaneously. There is no longer the clear 1 second lag from before. Good stuff.

Yes they're making improvements with the OS all the time. I just need folders to organise my games, friend groups and I'll be even more happier with it.

All good stuff IMO.

How many of you lot have changed your PSN avatar to your mugshot instead of a stock icon? I think it's nice to have it all personalised with your real name and photo.

Changed mine to the best football team in the Thornton Heath area :D

2weyqkh.jpg

Can we play the musics on it yet?

Playing Far Cry 4 again now I have internet, so much better with all the patches!:D

You have been able to do this for a long time via a USB stick. Just put mp3 files in a folder called 'MUSIC' and PS4 will play them.

I love being able to play music in the background without needing another device on. Best feature for me as I play music constantly.

My avatar is the St Louis Blues logo of course. They also have a really cool background theme for the PS3 but not on the PS4 which is a shame.

Also, my mate told me how to DIM the theme on the PS4 which is 10x better. I didn't even know that was added in the last update.
Well worth doing - it really does look a lot better

How do you dim the theme? And does anyone have a decent theme that actually works well and doesn't turn the layout into a jumbled mess?

The bots dynamic theme from psn is pretty good. Also the order 1886 dynamic theme and also the god of war theme isn't too bad. Sadly the gow theme is a few quid on psn.

You have been able to do this for a long time via a USB stick. Just put mp3 files in a folder called 'MUSIC' and PS4 will play them.

I love being able to play music in the background without needing another device on. Best feature for me as I play music constantly.

My avatar is the St Louis Blues logo of course. They also have a really cool background theme for the PS3 but not on the PS4 which is a shame.

Also, my mate told me how to DIM the theme on the PS4 which is 10x better. I didn't even know that was added in the last update.
Well worth doing - it really does look a lot better

Cheers, I sold my machine for a couple months but just picked one up cheaper than I sold for so all is well in that department.

Am I the only one that misses the days of PS2 or 3 when songs on the machine would actually show up on game playlists? I can't remember what games did this now but I did use the feature hell of a lot as the games would fade it in/out at the same time as the game music. Don't know why that great feature bit the dust. :(

Is there a way to seperate the download list/library? Maybe I'm being dumb, but I can't find it.

I have a US account and a UK account. On ps3, go to store, download history/list (can't remember exactly what it was called) and it showed what that specific account had download.

On ps4, it just opens up the library and has everything that was downloaded on all accounts mixed in.

Is there a way to seperate the download list/library?

No, that's part of the console licence feature. If a game is downloaded to the console by a user who has that console designated as primary, the game is playable by all users. So it gets all mixed up together.

You have to use the web store to see who has specifically bought what.

IIRC only people that are close friends (i.e youve shared real names with) can see your modified avatar - everyone else sees whatever you choose from PSN selection.

Unless people have seen my Bruce Lee avatar that Ive had for months now?!? Just changed it recently when they added transparency...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom