*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

apart from fifa 14 which got played a lot in the house last year, the ps4 hasn't seen much action. I played an hour or so of the last of us but need to sit down and get into it. BF4 didn't do it for me...but...just got cod aw and have to say i'm really impressed. Love the graphics and smoothness.

We're getting a new 55" tv next month (sorely needed!) so looking forward to getting to grips with a few different titles.

Really would love proper ww2 fps though. Old school, i know. Fingers crossed.

Transistor is an oddball. I'm not 100% convinced on the story. Or the pace. Or the mechanics. Yet I keep wanting to go back to it to try a little bit more. There's definitely something there that grabs you, and captures interest, but I find it more of a curiosity than a triple A smash hit...

apart from fifa 14 which got played a lot in the house last year, the ps4 hasn't seen much action. I played an hour or so of the last of us but need to sit down and get into it. BF4 didn't do it for me...but...just got cod aw and have to say i'm really impressed. Love the graphics and smoothness.

We're getting a new 55" tv next month (sorely needed!) so looking forward to getting to grips with a few different titles.

Really would love proper ww2 fps though. Old school, i know. Fingers crossed.

Bare with the Last of Us, it starts a little slow but it's incredible.

The Rocket League closed beta

ezppp5.jpg

Link

So I think I need a new hard drive :) 1 or 2tb is the question, and what sort of type I go for, standard or hybrid? Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

edit: n/m, just seen a hard drive thread!

Last edited:
I enjoyed 3 but this is a carbon copy almost to the point I wonder how it took so long to come out. Full of collectable filler material and yes it is clunky. May as well finish it though.

I enjoyed 3 but this is a carbon copy almost to the point I wonder how it took so long to come out. Full of collectable filler material and yes it is clunky. May as well finish it though.

Yeah the 'collect this, that and the other thing' got boring very quickly. Disappointing too was that even when you explored some of the interesting parts of the map, you were never rewarded very well for it. There seemed to be no cool weapons to find or anything, just the usual crates/boxes/whatever of stuff to sell.

Played Transistor for 4 hours today and I absolutely hate it.

That was a valiant effort. I've not been so lucky with my attempts either. :D

Strider - 5 mins - DELETE - not interested
Fez - 1 min - DELETE - cacky pixel art
Rogue Legacy - 15 mins - DELETE - too difficult
The Swapper - 2 hours - COMPLETED
Doki-Doki Universe - 10 mins - DELETE - WTF?
Olli Olli 2 - 15 mins - DELETE - too difficult
Valiant Hearts - 15 mins - NEEDS MORE TIME - seems interesting
Never Alone - 15 mins - NEEDS MORE TIME - doesn't look too bad

Completed the Swapper and Valiant Hearts, absolutely loved both. Fez was brilliant but you need to be a member of Mensa to complete it legit, I am not so didn't :p

Going to continue with Transistor if only because it's an easy platinum and I'm already half way there.

Yeah the 'collect this, that and the other thing' got boring very quickly. Disappointing too was that even when you explored some of the interesting parts of the map, you were never rewarded very well for it. There seemed to be no cool weapons to find or anything, just the usual crates/boxes/whatever of stuff to sell.

The only thing I like about it now I have a think, is the stealth gameplay. Taking out as many as possible with a silenced sniper and mopping the rest up afterwards without being spotted is good fun.

The Karma missions are ridiculous though, there's literally one every minute and are impossible to fail. I usually just lob a sticky C4 at the truck or quadbike or whatever.

I just picked up The Last of Us for the third time so that will be my stealth fix now. :D

the sidearm grenade launcher was epic. especially hovering round on a microlite :D the enemies didn't even know what hit em :p

honey badgers are the most annoying thing about the game. especially when trying to sneak into an outpost and stealthily kill all the guards. and dhole's :mad: bloody pests :D

i was pleasantly suprised by the amount of weaponry, and the customizations! i didn't think there would be that many. that MG42 though.. was awesome ! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom