*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Anyone used the PS4 backup facility to backup their games/saves/pics etc onto an external HDD?

How long does it take? As the PS3 took hours to backup even on a small HDD.

Also, does the external HDD have to be in FAT32 like the PS3 or does NTFS work?

Cheers.

You can download the PT demo again from the PS Store if you've already got it. Although there's no telling if they'll remove it completely.

Oh really, I assumed they were removing it completely, even if it was in your download list. Hmmmmm, I'll still backup just in case.

EDIT, see thats what I find weird. If they say they are removing it, then why remove a free demo for new customers but keep the game files on the PSN servers for people that have downloaded it before. Its free, just leave it on there!?!

Last edited:
FAT32 required, didn't seem to take quite as long as the PS3 one but still takes a while.

Holy moly, I'm currently formatting the external HDD on my PC using a little program called Fat32formatter but omg it's taking forever. It says 'initialising data area' and it's only completed about 30% in the past 4 hours!!!!!

It's a 1TB drive connected via USB 2.0, is this normal?

Holy moly, I'm currently formatting the external HDD on my PC using a little program called Fat32formatter but omg it's taking forever. It says 'initialising data area' and it's only completed about 30% in the past 4 hours!!!!!

It's a 1TB drive connected via USB 2.0, is this normal?

You needed to do a quick format otherwise yes it will take hours to format 1TB.

You needed to do a quick format otherwise yes it will take hours to format 1TB.

Darn it. Oh well, may as well leave it now. I looked it up and it seems initialising the drive basically zero's the whole drive before choosing a format type. Bit concerned if I stop it now and do a quick format I may bork the file system or something. Hopefully it will be done by morning.

Say you get stuck on a boss battle on a PS4 game or something. If you use Shareplay and get a friend to get you past it, do you still get the trophy (if there was one) or do they get it? :p

Back
Top Bottom