*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Mine is horizontal and admittedly not in the best place for ventilation, though the same can be said for the PS3 and that is far quieter when the fans kick in. It's an easy choice when watching media to use the PS3 for it's quietness in comparison.

IV, you're such a child. I haven't even drawn any comparison to other consoles, so you can't use that as a defence here.

It's an undeniable fact that PS4's are in no way "silent" in operation. Anyone here claiming that they can only hear their PS4 when they have their ear above it is either:

A) deaf

B) in denial

Wow, staggered that anyone can claim that a PS4 is practically silent! It's very noticeable in operation, almost PS3 levels of fan noise.

My ps3 slim is quieter than my ps4

*edit* I've moved it on top of the storage unit it's now better but still ramps up a bit, I've only got my brothers to compare it with and his is still a lot quieter than mine so I've got nothing really to loose by sending it away

(Must remember to put the stock 500gb drive back in :) )

Last edited:
Mine is horizontal and admittedly not in the best place for ventilation, though the same can be said for the PS3 and that is far quieter when the fans kick in. It's an easy choice when watching media to use the PS3 for it's quietness in comparison.

If its in a bad place for ventilation, its going to spin its fan up. Move it to a place where it has more ventilation.

If you're getting intrusive fan noise from it even when it's idle on a menu or using it for media then there's probably something not quite right with it. Mine is more audible in certain games (Ether One in particular, Metro Redux at times too) but generally it's fairly quiet although I don't play my games on mute so its not an issue either way. Certainly far less intrusive than my 360S.

No surprises pioneer2000 got a loud one, karma in action I suppose.

IV, you're such a child. I haven't even drawn any comparison to other consoles, so you can't use that as a defence here.

It's an undeniable fact that PS4's are in no way "silent" in operation. Anyone here claiming that they can only hear their PS4 when they have their ear above it is either:

A) deaf

B) in denial

And you're such a pathetic fan boy - but hey don't let that stop you from pressing that ignore button if you don't like being called out.

I have an Xbox one and a ps4... I've never heard the Xbox, the ps4 I've heard twice since launch. It's barely audible. Its not even worth talking about. There's talk about some being louder than others, YouTube videos confirm that, but my ps4 is basically silent.

The X1 is so silent it's almost eerie.

Quite incredible how quiet it is, the PS4 on the other hand is.......very quiet. Occasionally get a fan noise but once in a blue moon. Again, it's a great little system when it comes to noise.

Last edited:
Ive got an arsey remote play question.

If i want to connect to a ps4 that is local and not my primary with an xperia device how can i get it to try the local one befor hitting my primary one.

I know you need to be primary to connect to a console thats not on your local network but this one is...

Hi guys, question about remote play - if I've got my ds4 paired with my phone/tablet how do I switch back to pairing it with the ps4? I couldn't find a simple way to do this.

Back
Top Bottom