*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Have you tried plugging it into the ps4 then pressing the ps button, thats how i think it works.

Solved my issue also now, had to be primary to register the phone then deactivate again

And you're such a pathetic fan boy - but hey don't let that stop you from pressing that ignore button if you don't like being called out.

Very strange comment when I didn't draw comparison to the X1 (which I phrased poorly earlier). Unsure how I can be a fanboy for stating a fact that the PS4 makes quite a lot of fan noise plenty of the time. It's an obvious side effect of it being in such a relatively slim housing.

I can only suggest that you are clearly the fanboy here who is getting all upset about such a trivial matter. The PS4 is far from silent in use and its odd that people here are making claims otherwise.

It isn't that loud at all to be honest, have it on not more than 5 feet away and unless i am really trying to hear it I can't.

Likewise, in fact I don't think i've ever heard it once (re: fans ramping up). Maybe my TV volume is too loud? Always wondered why my neighbours blank me.

Last edited:
Very strange comment when I didn't draw comparison to the X1 (which I phrased poorly earlier). Unsure how I can be a fanboy for stating a fact that the PS4 makes quite a lot of fan noise plenty of the time. It's an obvious side effect of it being in such a relatively slim housing.

I can only suggest that you are clearly the fanboy here who is getting all upset about such a trivial matter. The PS4 is far from silent in use and its odd that people here are making claims otherwise.

So several posters state their console is more or less silent and you think "it's odd" they would make such claims.

Its probably due to their consoles being quiet....

See, a normal person would think that there is likely something wrong with their console but you feel they are incorrect and that the PS4 makes a loud fan noise.

What is actually wrong with you? Its clear your simply trolling but if its just down to the fact you are simply special then apologies.

My ps4 and one are both quiet the only time the ps4 makes anything audible is when playing gta for extended periods but even then I only here when playing at night with low TV volume

I've never come across a PS4 that has been anything other than quiet. I don't even know what the fans sound like on mine, although it is in an AV cabinet
Play TLOU and you'll hear the fans.

This is my first PS4 game I've played for long periods so not sure if other games are quiet.

I played a bit of Project Cars and it was no where near as loud - unnoticeable infact.

So I guess it depends on the game.

going on your previous posts is more then enough. Nothing strange about it at all, and then when you call all those who buy Sony Playstations like those that follow religion in such previous posts - well enough said really. You are a pathetic troll and fanboy and now begone with you.

going on your previous posts is more then enough. Nothing strange about it at all, and then when you call all those who buy Sony Playstations like those that follow religion in such previous posts - well enough said really. You are a pathetic troll and fanboy and now begone with you.
He does this in Android threads too. Why...I don't know.

I can hear my fans, I assumed it was because the intakes are clogged with dust :p

When I got it on release day, I recall it being quieter than now, but it's easily remedied by turning up the surround sound, or ignoring it.

TLOU for me caused a lot of fan noise, then I looked down the side of my PS4 where the vent holes are, man was it dusty. Cleaned it out and it did seem to help but TLOU did ramp up the fans regardless.

Tbh I don't know anyone with a quiet PS4. All the ones I have had and seen seem to be about the same. Unless they have changed something in newer models ? The Xbox One is silent to me I have never heard the console make a noise but the PSU whines quiet a bit.

I would not say the PS4 is annoyingly loud just noticeable.

My XB1 is significantly louder than my PS4, my PS4 only really gets noisy during an extended gaming session

That being said I'm tempted to RMA my XB1 as everyone has said it shouldn't be that noisy

I can hear the whine when mine starts up but after a few seconds it blends in to the background. If I was just going to listen for the noise it makes it would bother me but I turn my PS4 on so I can use it :)

Certainly quieter than my 360 which was ridiculously loud.

I'd be worried to turn my XB1 on as it has so much dust ON it not IN it. Poor thing never gets used. Only time my PS4 got noisey was when I left a couple magazines on top of the console, it didn't like that so took them off and it quietened down.

Quick question....setting up a US PSN account, after entering all details how long should it take to actually use.

Screen been sitting on the please wait screen for enough time for my dual shock to turn off.

I recall.it took ages creating my UK account too

Back
Top Bottom