*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Is noise still an issue with the ps4?
I want one again (had 2 already) but found them very noisy once the fan kicked in during the game?!
I sold my xbox one which was silent but apart from gears no xbox exclusive appeals to me (i think TR will be out on pc eventually) but since i am moving into my own place and got no missus to say "you cant have that" etc i want one again

But the noise of the ps4 does bother me, well the 2 i had did

Looking to get myself a PS4 at long last. Are there any particularly good deals out there at the moment?

I picked up mine when The Witcher 3 was released for £299.99 (included Witcher 3), I am sure there are similar deals like this to be had.

Traded in my Xbox One and couldn't be happier.

Is noise still an issue with the ps4?
I want one again (had 2 already) but found them very noisy once the fan kicked in during the game?!
I sold my xbox one which was silent but apart from gears no xbox exclusive appeals to me (i think TR will be out on pc eventually) but since i am moving into my own place and got no missus to say "you cant have that" etc i want one again

But the noise of the ps4 does bother me, well the 2 i had did

If the two before bothered you, chances are so will the third.

As above, turn the volume up on the TV and it's literally non existent. I can't hear it anyway, maybe i'm going deaf (age).

Anyone ever used mobile credit to top up psn wallet ? I topped up £20 it took the credit but the processing payment screen with the blue bar froze.

I contacted sony support they said i have to provide evidence ? surely the evidence is on their system they can see they have taken £20 but not added £20 to my wallet ? how would one provide evidence via pay as you go tmobile ? I have the digital receipt email even and provided them that and they STILL wont give me my £20 credit.

Surely if I have the recipt saying thank you for your purchase they can cross check that and easily see no £20 wallet top up was done ?

Last edited:
If the two before bothered you, chances are so will the third.

As above, turn the volume up on the TV and it's literally non existent. I can't hear it anyway, maybe i'm going deaf (age).

i suffer from tinnitus, so i tend to only have 1 good ear at times and even so i could hear it.
tv volume wise, to drown out the sound of the fan on my 1st ps4 i would have needed a cinema grade sound system (disclaimer - slight exaggeration)
might wait till the ps4 hits £250 with a decent game and then bite again.

My PS4 download speed is really starting to vex me, I have a 100mb connection (checked via speed test), and the PS4 test comes up at around 40mb DL speed, clearly not right, but still fast enough, or so you'd think.
I'm currently downloading NBA 2K15 which is a hefty 48GB, but my (wired) PS4 is getting about 100KBps. That's around 1% of my connection speed.
So as things stand, it'll take until after the weekend for this to finish downloading.
I just don't get it, I used to get faster speeds when I was on Sky Broadband (6mb), but my V fibre seems to simply not work with the PS4.
I've tried changing the DNS server, but that did nothing, I've rebooted everything I can think of, opened all the ports known to man, nothing, nothing, nothing.
WiFi is the same speed too, not that it could really get much slower.
All of my other kit maxes out my connection, I never have issues with online gaming, or streaming on the PS Now beta. It's specifically game downloads that are the problem.

What else can I try?!

Have you whacked it in rest mode and monitored your internet usage via your router? Ive noticed my downloads are quicker that way - Ive never had that many issues and Im with VM, but to tell the true Ive never noticed something taking forever to download...

Supposedly you can try and force your DNS so you are closer to a nearer CDN but that takes some effort and detective work...

ps3ud0 :cool:

My PS4 download speed is really starting to vex me, I have a 100mb connection (checked via speed test), and the PS4 test comes up at around 40mb DL speed, clearly not right, but still fast enough, or so you'd think.
I'm currently downloading NBA 2K15 which is a hefty 48GB, but my (wired) PS4 is getting about 100KBps. That's around 1% of my connection speed.
So as things stand, it'll take until after the weekend for this to finish downloading.
I just don't get it, I used to get faster speeds when I was on Sky Broadband (6mb), but my V fibre seems to simply not work with the PS4.
I've tried changing the DNS server, but that did nothing, I've rebooted everything I can think of, opened all the ports known to man, nothing, nothing, nothing.
WiFi is the same speed too, not that it could really get much slower.
All of my other kit maxes out my connection, I never have issues with online gaming, or streaming on the PS Now beta. It's specifically game downloads that are the problem.

What else can I try?!

Fairly sure Virgin and PSN have never played well together, even with the PS3 people used to complain about poor download speeds.

this^
on my ps3 i had loads of issues where games would be corrupted once they had downloaded.
i had also noticed the xbox one downloads were so much quicker than the ps4 when on virgin media.
are you in an high utilisation area? i suffer from this.. so what time are you trying to download stuff on ps4?
i would try after 11pm and see if that makes a difference

What are these telltale games? Are they interactive novels? shooters? RPGs? I had a quick watch of somebody playing the Game of Thrones one on Twitch and it seemed to be all dialogue with the player choosing different replies.

Back
Top Bottom