*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

What are these telltale games? Are they interactive novels? shooters? RPGs? I had a quick watch of somebody playing the Game of Thrones one on Twitch and it seemed to be all dialogue with the player choosing different replies.

i would say an interactive story, but you do get to move around and investigate e.g. click X to read, pickup etc
and then conversations and decisions have an impact on the story, like you decide to save one person and then the other person will die...
i love em, The Walking Dead had a brilliant story and the ending was a chocker

There is definitely something off with download speeds at the moment. Just had the project cars patch pop up it was going to take 45 minutes for 500mb. Manually paused the download and resumed it after 30 seconds and its now downloaded within a couple of minutes.

There is definitely something off with download speeds at the moment. Just had the project cars patch pop up it was going to take 45 minutes for 500mb. Manually paused the download and resumed it after 30 seconds and its now downloaded within a couple of minutes.

have always found that popping the console into rest mode causes the DL to speed up substantially for some reason

Manually paused the download and resumed it after 30 seconds and its now downloaded within a couple of minutes.
I also have to do this sometimes to "speed up" my downloads, while the console is on.
have always found that popping the console into rest mode causes the DL to speed up substantially for some reason
I also notice this, and can't seem to explain it!!

rp2000

What is the best value hybrid hard drive for the ps4? After around 2tb

no point buying a hybrid at that size they only have a 4-8GB cache.

so less than 1% of the data will be stored on the cache.

if you want a hybrid the best one to buy is the 500GB.

if your looking to buy a large drive then the best to buy is a mechanical one with the fastest RPM and largest platters possible.

if you don't care about the looks of your ps4 then buy the Nyko Data Bank from amazon.com. but beware someone will be along shortly to say how stupid it looks.

personally i tend to look a the tv not the ps4 but some people have some fascination about looking at their console constantly and admiring how it looks.

mine is in a av unit and i cannot see it because it's blocked from vision. when they are back in stock i'll likely buy one of them plus a very fast and large mechanical drive. the power comes directly from the wall socket in the data bank so you can use any drive you want. even a velociraptor which is extremely power hungry.

DL speeds seem erratic no matter what provider people are with. Im with vm 100mb and have my ps4 on WiFi and downloaded yesterday's project cars patch in under 5 minutes.

there are so many variables nobody could tell you why tbh.

it could be PSN is overloaded when your downloading (this is why some people can download a patch in 10 mins for others it takes 4 hours). it could be your local network is overloaded. it could be that you have connected to a crap server and it's not calibrated your connection properly so it will only let you download at a slow speed (this is why pausing then unpausing works sometimes).

personally i've tried the whole put it into rest mode and it never made any difference.

pausing and unpausing seems to work best.

Never thought I would but I've gone digital for my last 3 games , bloodbourne, project cars and witcher 3.
With cdkeys and the odd promotion with paypal it makes sense. Think I will need to get myself a 2tb hdd soon!

On that point does anyone know which Seagate portable drive has the spinpoint M9T inside its casing?
I have seen the Seagate plus slim at £74.99 which I think has it in, but I've also seen the Seagate Expansion drive which is cheaper at £64.99 ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom