*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

HDCP is a digital content protection; if that's suddenly busted on the TV it could explain why you can get a picture at 480p but not at a proper resolution. You can manually turn HDCP off on the PS4 from it's display settings. If it still doesn't work then you know it's most likely the PS4.

Alternatively, if you have a PS3 or standalone blu-ray player connected to the TV and they work then you know it's not a HDCP issue.

As said in first post, PS3..Xbox ONE and Xbox 360 all work fine.

Update: It appears to be All sorted...I Basically Re Initialised the lot from safe mode menu. Then went through the whole set-up process, Didn't lose any game progress as it was all on PS+.

Used it for 5hrs last night without as single issue...very odd.

I'll probably buy the controller as long as they dont massively inflate the price, could do with a new one anyway.

The limited edition owners might feel a tad peeved though.

I'll probably buy the controller as long as they dont massively inflate the price, could do with a new one anyway.

The limited edition owners might feel a tad peeved though.

Nope, this one doesn't have the 20th anniversary detail on the touchpad, so no love lost here. My pad is still in the wrapper so I'll buy one of these imitation pads to go with my console.

:D

Was surprised to see it today - it just popped up! - can't remember updating the OS, hmmmmmmm.

Works fine off my NAS with mkv's so winner.

Does this not have that Cinavia or whatever it is that cuts audio from MKV files?

If so, ok cool, that came out of nowhere and I'll give it a go.

E3 for sony was pretty good this year IMO, so many new games, loved the look of Horizon, firewatch, no mans sky, uncharted 4 and biggest news was shenmue III, no wonder that got funded in less then 9 hours. Good stuff coming out, looking forward to it all - bank balance isn't mind.

Was surprised to see it today - it just popped up! - can't remember updating the OS, hmmmmmmm.

Works fine off my NAS with mkv's so winner.

Same here switched it on and it's on the menu and just downloaded. I take it that some audio formats don't play like DTS or AAC? Unless it's because I have it plugged into a normal monitor atm? It just says audio not supported and there is just a dash under audio codec.

Back
Top Bottom