*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Sat here watching the media player, works great :) good times.

Likewise, works great with plex server - sadly of all the media to fail it had to be my daughters 130 odd peppa pig avi's. Some odd reason it refused to play them back, a simply 15 minute AVI failed yet a 2 hour MKV movie played fine - although in ACC audio and not DTS. but still, better then nothing.

I'm looking forward to Hard Rain and the Ellen Page games coming to the PS4!

Had an egg box last gen so I never got to play those two. The Last of Us was way better than any 360 game I played with regards to story!

Heavy Rain is amazing, it was one of the better PS3 exclusives, it had terrible screen tear - but I ignored it just so as I could get to play such an excellent game.

Beyond two souls - good game but not up there with heavy rain or the last of us. But either way you'll enjoy them if you enjoy story based games.

Hmmm recognizes my usb stick but doesnt show the content thats on it :( Movies is all thats on it atm but ye, any idea why? If it plug it into my samsung tv that picks the content up fine.

Do your movies match with these codecs?

File formats and codecs

Video

MKV
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

AVI
Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

MP4
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

MPEG-2 TS
Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual
Audio: MP2 (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

AVCHD: (.m2ts, .mts)

Photo

JPEG (based on DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21)
BMP
PNG

Music

MP3
AAC (M4A)

Media player app seems good, would be great if they'd add support for the existing PS3 Bluetooth media remotes though because using a controller is still annoying.

Can't wait to get my hands on one of the anniversary controllers too.

Just goes to show how the Sony brigade on here are just a bunch of whiny little schoolgirls.

Try not to cry yourselves to sleep that the bad man pointed out the issues with your chosen console.

I'll google it, undoubtedly none of you know the answer anyway!

Is there something about the console sub-forum that prevents you from acting your age?

universal media server has been updated to have a ps4 transcoder profile so if you've got avi files or DTS encoded files that won't play via ps4 media app hopefully ums dlna server will resolve this for you...

Can now use my ps4 for peppa pig avi files. Daughter will be happy lol

Sony explains lack of BC:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/...t-backward-compatibility-for-ps3-games-704710

Implies Xbox Ones BC is not what it seems.

Probably talking total nonsense and gutted they had a showstopper :p

Maybe, but I hardly care about BC as my previous PlayStation consoles had the feature. Not once did I use it... So not bothered myself. But can see how some might be like, hmm wish BC was coming to find out it never will..

To me, all the new games shown is better then playing older games on my newer machine, so I'm happy enough anyhow.

Maybe, but I hardly care about BC as my previous PlayStation consoles had the feature. Not once did I use it... So not bothered myself. But can see how some might be like, hmm wish BC was coming to find out it never will..

Yet you would consider paying to get BC on your console?

I was impressed with it when I tried a few PS now games about a month ago. I'd consider a sub if its priced sensible.

Good conference for sony. Really cant wait to try Horizon. It looks amazing. Seems the game im most excited about on the ps4 though is a ps1 remake :D.

remasters are much better. Last of us, metro, gta5

And heavy rain and beyond two souls on the way... Most remasters are ok, its nice to have the upped res and better (mostly) framerate.

And I too can't wait to play horizon. it looks great. Really stole the show for me, one of the best announcements made IMO

Yeah i wouldn't say it was a showstopper at all, don't even have any of my PS3 games anymore sold them along with the console. I'm more than happy enough getting my fix using PS Now when it comes out fully fledged and working.

That and remasters and remakes are much better as long as the price is right.

/edit. Likewise iv-techman, that game was a hidden gem for me, knew nothing about it and it blew me away.

"Showstopper"

OK....

well hardly truth told, nice feature but not a must have IMO. You can get previous gen consoles so cheaply anyhow, and plus PS4 , vita and select Bravia /Samsung TV's will have PS now, and hopefully Sony get a decently priced sub model up and running, and that should see plenty of on demand gaming.. Netflix of gaming if you like : - )

Back
Top Bottom