*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Anyone have a vita? Is it remote play for in the same house or could you use it on the move. I was interested in using it when traveling. Could I stream my ps4 games from a WiFi in a hotel?

From what I've read you can use the remote play over WiFi at work/hotels etc...I haven't tested it myself but it does work okay when in the same household, but it does have very slight delay.

Hello guys, any of you know what this is and why i have had this email:

dufcxyg.jpg

My ps4 hasn't even been plugged in for 2 months so i dont know how i have purchased something this morning that i have never even heard of....

Maybe a boob but Music Unlimited is now replaced by Spotify anyway. You didn't sign up for that on a Sony phone or TV or something? It looks like a four month free trial anyway - next billing isn't until November? Give Sony a tinkle if you can't think of anything.

I don't even know what that is?

I have finally managed to find out how to get onto my account but it says i dont have any subs even though the transaction history says i bought that music thing this morning?

Doubt someone is going to hack my account then by a music sub are they lol?

EDit: Found the sub and cancelled it, deleted card details and changed all passwords anyway... So should be ok.

Last edited:
My PS4 started off quiet now it's really loud

Anything I can do

Funny that mines started to get loud too never noticed it before but playing through the order 1886 last few days its started making a racket mainly fan noise getting on my nerves tbh can even hear it with headphones on.
Console is clean so no idea whats going on :(

I've gone through 3 new ones via exchange . All have been too loud for my liking. There's nothing you can really do other than deal with it. The hot weather certainly isn't helping. I put it down to a crap thermal design or assembly.

If your PS4 is out of warranty you can take the 4 T8 security torx screws out the rear which will allow the bottom panel to be removed. This gains you access to the fan which can then be dusted/Hoovered out. If you then remove the 5 screws holding in the PSU and one cable connector you can lift out the PSU and Dust/Hoover this and the heat sink.

It's very easy to do no more difficult than PC maintenance and does help quiten things down if you have built up some dust. Just make sure you have a T8 security torx bit.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be doing just that tonight. Think I will use one of those daft apps to meassure a db reading, then again after to see if it actually changed (readings won't be correct but should help me decide if it actually helped)

Same here mate. Mine is getting silly now, so I have been looking at fixes involving cleaning it out and replacing the thermal paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyz0rdMpqOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayVMlO9A5A

I did the paste on mine but tbh just giving a dust out of the fan, heatink and PSU will probably give the same results. I did my mates he just sold and it was the same as mine after without doing the paste.

Saying that though the paste job by the factory is horrendous.

My PS4 is in warranty, will Sony exchange it for me? Do they do door exchanges or would it have to be sent off

They are all pretty noisy under heavy load tbh. Anyone saying they have a silent one is either deaf or they have a broken fan. :D

You can call Sony but they will most likely want it back first to confirm its faulty...

They are all pretty noisy under heavy load tbh. Anyone saying they have a silent one is either deaf or they have a broken fan. :D

Agreed. Mine has got louder recently. The hot weather doesn't help as it has been over 31 degrees for over 2 weeks and now over 35 for the last week!! (360, PS3, PC, laptop all got louder in the summer heat in my experience, so I guess I should have expected this).

It never used to make a loud sound during Resogun but now it's Bloodborne loud!!! Meanwhile Bloodborne is louder than it has ever been!

EU gives you 2 year warranty, so I am technically still in with my launch day console. BUT, I'm going to try compressed air, once I open the easy part. If that doesnt help I will consider opening the second part and doing the PSU as well. Sod the warranty!

Getting loud just in time for the release of a new silent slim version at xmas time.....maybe.....:D

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom