*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

I read about this revision, but surely that is just a short stepping stone to a slim version coming out? I can't recall how long before ps2/ps3/360 released their slimmer models, but this will be xmas no 3 for PS4, so I think it is soon....

I think this new hardware revision will become the standard "cheap" model and a slim version will come in at whatever the current price of PS4 is.

rp2000

Pretty sure theres been some issues in process shrinking to 20nm for TMSC so I doubt it will be anytime soon (well this year for sure). TBH little forcing Sonys hand even beyond cost cutting which they are achieving through other means (like halving the mem chips)

Longer the Slim takes to turn up the better as it might have a few new features (proper support for 4k, 5Ghz WIFI, SATA 3, improved ARM chip etc)

ps3ud0 :cool:

If any of you are having problems with the fan noise, if you have the ps4 standing up, try this.

Get 4 foam or rubber pads, about 1 cm thick aprox the width of each side of the PS4 so that it lifts it up from the desk/surface. Instead of air only getting in fvia the front and back of the bottom channel it will be able to get in from under around all sides.

I done this with mine ages ago and it made a massive difference to how loaud the fans were on some games as must allow that little bit extra air to get into it.

The vertical stands have the extra air vents which kind of do this, but ive never got around to getting one as this worked so i left it like that.

If any of you are having problems with the fan noise, if you have the ps4 standing up, try this.

Get 4 foam or rubber pads, about 1 cm thick aprox the width of each side of the PS4 so that it lifts it up from the desk/surface. Instead of air only getting in fvia the front and back of the bottom channel it will be able to get in from under around all sides.

I done this with mine ages ago and it made a massive difference to how loaud the fans were on some games as must allow that little bit extra air to get into it.

The vertical stands have the extra air vents which kind of do this, but ive never got around to getting one as this worked so i left it like that.

I did just the thing after I got mine.

I put mine on 5 10mm bottle caps to reduce the heat footprint. Still the fan blasts.

Lol yeah you should moogleys. Anyhow. Get it back together ready for f1 2015 as I'm waiting for your views on that one, as I'm still on the fence and you normally provide good feedback.

If you say its OK I'll go buy it... : -)

Back
Top Bottom