*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Just pre ordered God Of War remastered, was going to say no to more remasters but I got to admit I really fancy playing this one lol. They got me again, how many remasters now? Lol.

Uncharted collection will probably get me as well... God dammit !

I've never played any of the Uncharted games so that had me at 'hello'. I preordered.

Never really played much PS3 so I'm happy for them to remaster all the good ones.

Did you ever consider some people may not have played them first time round?

Seems to be a common theme in here, people getting upset at remasters. I don't see what the problem is personally, they obviously realise there was a serious amount of Xbox 360 owners last generation that will have missed out on the big PS3 games and are offering them a chance to experience these games this time round.

I'm one of those people by the way.

Seems to be a common theme in here, people getting upset at remasters. I don't see what the problem is personally, they obviously realise there was a serious amount of Xbox 360 owners last generation that will have missed out on the big PS3 games and are offering them a chance to experience these games this time round.

I'm one of those people by the way.

There was a whole thread about remastered games. I agree, its nice to have them. You don't have to buy them, I've purchased a few as I did miss them first time around and its nice they are mostly 1080p 60fps.

Can't please everyone.. Now, I'm waiting for God of war iii remaster to download .. Bring it on...

i never played the last of us on ps3 and i bought it on ps4 because it's meant to be one of the best games ever made.

i'll need to get round to starting it one day.

i don't see why people are getting so upset the same thing happened with the switch to blu ray from dvd.

people had seen the movie on dvd but blu ray was better. this sort of thing happens all the time

i don't see why people are getting so upset the same thing happened with the switch to blu ray from dvd.

people had seen the movie on dvd but blu ray was better. this sort of thing happens all the time

think the argument was not regarding the great games that are being remastered, more to do with the amount of average games that are getting thrown out along side them, games like Darksiders 2 and Saints row 4 amongst others that are being ported over from their PC releases.

No creativity nowadays everything is basically a copy or the yearly update, then they remaster old fan favourites has it always been about profit?

I remember on the NES and SNES the playability and creativity of new games was hard to keep up with.

This! There's just sequels and remastered tat

So I got my PS4 and I'm loving Bloodborne atm. I do have a question though, does anyone else console have the fans running all the time? it starts after about 5 mins of playing and keeps going even in rest mode, its not like its super loud or that the unit is over heating - its a little warm but no more than the XB one and the fans still go?

The fan will continue to run in rest mode to cool it down after heavy use. It should stop after a couple of mins unless it's downloading anything in the background.

Last edited:
Has Witcher 3 had visual changes on PS4? It looks different somehow after latest patch. (Hairworks aside) I honestly can't see difference between PC @ Ultra and PS4 on 1080P Monitor.

PS4 is impressive for the price.

Has Witcher 3 had visual changes on PS4? It looks different somehow after latest patch. (Hairworks aside) I honestly can't see difference between PC @ Ultra and PS4 on 1080P Monitor.

PS4 is impressive for the price.

I thought it looked different when i put it on after the 1.07 patch,can't quite put my finger on what though,i'm also having some texture issues when near the edge of water,large white square when entering the water:mad:

I thought it looked different when i put it on after the 1.07 patch,can't quite put my finger on what though,i'm also having some texture issues when near the edge of water,large white square when entering the water:mad:

It def looks different, not in a bad way. I think it looks really good. In a built up city, everything looks really sharp, looked out across the bay and viewing distance seems improved, background object sharper. Performance is up.

In all honestly playing Witcher 3 on PS4 VS playing on a X99 GTX 980 Ti PC. And I do not think the PC version is a worthy improvement considering the price difference. Amazing what can be done on PS4.

With the way the industry is atm, all the focus being on lead platform (PS4) I don't see this changing. Arkham Knight as example of how unoptimized PC gaming has become. Until maybe PC GPU's are so powerful in a few years that they can just power through unoptimized code.

First time I thought console gaming is eclipsing PC gaming. I guess we need to rely on extremely powerful hardware to just power through the multiformat games. Shame PC gaming could be so good, but there is no budget for the optimization it in todays market.

Maybe DX12 could be better?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom