*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

My boys love COD, every game and every season pass. Costs a fortune lol.

Anyway back to question.

Having to download 3 DLC files every time is so wasteful, time / bandwidth. I can't believe that PSN doesn't do simple things like this lol. Download 3 then install 1 and have to delete the other 2 each time. Anybody know why it does this? Is their a way to tell which is the right file to download?

What did it download? Three versions of DLC 3?

What did it download? Three versions of DLC 3?

Yeah it's done with every COD DLC pack so far. Always downloads 3 versions with very similar file sizes, but only installs 1 of them. Then you have to delete the other 2. Just wondering does anybody know why this is? If it's regional surely the PS4 has set region so should know it's English language etc. Would save time bandwidth if you could just select the right one to download rather than having to get all 3..

I never played them before, and no-one is forcing anyone to buy them, so please give me one logical explanation why it's a bad thing, especially when the price falls dramatically within a few weeks after release?

Wasting time when they could be creating something new perhaps?

I view it as them just trying to make quick money.

This is how I've always felt. With the amount of time they take to make these re-mastered games, that time could be better spent on something new. So instead of a games company spending 5 months on re-mastered game and then building a new game in 16 months after that. They could just build a new game and have it delivered 5 months early.

I think the issue is people are running out of ideas though.

Or maybe they are using basic business sense and realise there is still a huge demand for the titles on the new formats from people who never bought a PS3 or below and really want to play some of the legendary games?

Whatever your opinion there is no denying that quality remasters do sell and they do so in large numbers.

It's probably shortsighted to suggest that remasters are denying us new games as often they are either made as side projects while the main team are working on new titles, or they are made by smaller teams who specialize in remastering games. I can't think of any examples of quality developers being forced to put out remasters in place of new games.

Whatever your opinion there is no denying that quality remasters do sell and they do so in large numbers.

It's probably shortsighted to suggest that remasters are denying us new games as often they are either made as side projects while the main team are working on new titles, or they are made by smaller teams who specialize in remastering games. I can't think of any examples of quality developers being forced to put out remasters in place of new games.

How do you know they are working on other games also? Nothing to say they are forced to push out re-mastered games, it's more of a choice they make imo. It's easy, quick and still a money maker over creating a new game.

Theres a thread for this - I suggest you guys use that.

Ultimately not every person in a developer works 100% on a single game until its released. Once their job is done its on to the the next project. When it comes to remasters do you guys really think the people that are directly involved in coming up with a new concept of a game are actually engaged?

Do you think Neil Druckmann was involved day to day with the TLOU remaster or more likely dealing with the Uncharted 4 script/direction?

Most of these objections just come over as uninformed - I dont disagree a lot of remasters are cash grabs but to infer they lead to a reduction of new games seems to be a point made on shaky ground. Theres far more relevant factors involved causing that (for example publishers not interested in risky IP ventures and more interested in safer sequels)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom