*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Got rid of the 500GB 5400rpm hybrid drive and replaced it with a 2TB 7200rpm hybrid drive.

Managed to download and install over 400GB of games overnight.

I now have a fast mechanical drive with a ssd cache

Finished setting up my console and I've had a bit of a mess about with the menus and stuff. First thing that struck me was how much smaller than the Xbox One it is, impressive considering there's no external power brick either. My hearing is crap but it sounds pretty silent to me, only played TLoU so far.

One negative is that download speeds seem to be awful. I added the console's IP to my DMZ and it's connected to the router via an Ethernet cable but I'm only getting about 1MB/s download speed. The connection test on the console said it was connected at something like 60Mb/s which is also a bit pants considering I'm on 120Mb/s fibre which does give me 12MB/s through Steam.

Other than that I like it, the controller feels great, the GUI is nicely laid out and runs like silk too.

Did you have it in rest mode when you downloaded it? First time I ran a download it seamed to take ages, but it in rest mode and it seamed to speed the download up considerably.

Did you have it in rest mode when you downloaded it? First time I ran a download it seamed to take ages, but it in rest mode and it seamed to speed the download up considerably.

No I was playing another game at the time, it didn't really speed up much and the same with Rocket League which took almost an hour to download the game and the 1.5GB update. I do have rest mode enabled but I don't want to switch my console off every time I need to download something.

if your playing another game then it will obviously run a lot slower than normal, the ps3 used to pause downloads whilst you played online.

probably a similar situation with the ps4 where it only lets it use x% of the resource available rather than a fancy QoS system.

It be interesting to see how this affects the franchise beyond this sequel. A cross-gen game Nov/Dec 2016 is sure to interest people :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom