*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

It's quite likely that the relatively 'safe' income from a remaster side-project is a great enabler, giving studios breathing space to invest more heavily in new games/IP.

Don't get the moaning about Remasters, i didn't play Last of Us on the PS3 so i bought it on PS4 and haven't been disappointed. I'll get a few others, not all of them only the ones i missed and wanted to play but never got around to playing.

Perhaps it's because new games are still coming out regardless of the remasters.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: The MGS PS4 is available now. Game exclusive unfortunately, which means it's £365 with the game. Bit too steep for me I think.

New games where? Ps4 is getting on and still we have remastered tat, we need new exciting games not sequels or old games

Finished setting up my console and I've had a bit of a mess about with the menus and stuff. First thing that struck me was how much smaller than the Xbox One it is, impressive considering there's no external power brick either. My hearing is crap but it sounds pretty silent to me, only played TLoU so far.

One negative is that download speeds seem to be awful. I added the console's IP to my DMZ and it's connected to the router via an Ethernet cable but I'm only getting about 1MB/s download speed. The connection test on the console said it was connected at something like 60Mb/s which is also a bit pants considering I'm on 120Mb/s fibre which does give me 12MB/s through Steam.

Other than that I like it, the controller feels great, the GUI is nicely laid out and runs like silk too.

psn has always had a flaky download connection.

it's fine for games though just downloading stuff.

you need to pause and unpause it a few times to get it to connect to a better server (more download speed).

it's always been that sony have excelled at hardware, that was proven with the red ring of death fiasco. sony's console have always been very well made.

Anybody else been having issues after coming out of standby mode? A couple of times I've had no sound but the most common is that if if I put a new disc in and try to play the game it says "wrong disc inserted", resulting in me having to power down my PS4. This has happened even if I haven't been playing a game before so my PS4 wasn't in the suspend/resume mode.

So turns out my issue is a known issue that's been around since the last update and is to do with leaving your PS4 in standby mode.

So turns out my issue is a known issue that's been around since the last update and is to do with leaving your PS4 in standby mode.

Mine has started doing this tonight. So is there a fix for it? Or do they plan to release an update to fix this?

I was all set to speak to the retailer tomorrow to get it replaced as I thought the disc drive was faulty.

Mine has started doing this tonight. So is there a fix for it? Or do they plan to release an update to fix this?

I was all set to speak to the retailer tomorrow to get it replaced as I thought the disc drive was faulty.

@PlayStation:
PS4 system software update 2.57 coming soon, it's a minor update that improves stability of some features.

Naturally it doesn't state what it's doing exactly, but it might be fixing it?

edit: 2.57 now out, don't know if it fixed it though as I never had the issue :\

Last edited:
I think you'd be waiting a lot longer than that for it to appear for free on PS+

I can wait, still have to play witcher 3, splatoon, yoshi and finish GTA5.

wait 6 months then and wait and see if so no one will be playing it anyway :)

I thought it's a single player game but you can run into other people in it.

Back
Top Bottom