*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Managed to trade my PS4 in yesterday, ended up going to CEX as Game did not have the cash available, how can a shop not have enough cash for a ps4 trade in, its like £100 tops at current prices for standard console.

Soldato
Managed to trade my PS4 in yesterday, ended up going to CEX as Game did not have the cash available, how can a shop not have enough cash for a ps4 trade in, its like £100 tops at current prices for standard console.

They were just trying to scam you mate. "Oh we can't offer cash but we can offer store credit"

Just a tactic to keep your money in their store.

Soldato
eh difference is too high, if you get just 100 quid for regular PS4...PS4 PRO is 349 no?

I didn't buy from them, I actually got £125 as I got a game thrown in when I bought the pro from Argos, which I already had so the game was a bonus to trade in as well.
I actually paid £300 for the pro with staff discount.

They were just trying to scam you mate. "Oh we can't offer cash but we can offer store credit"

Just a tactic to keep your money in their store.

That's what I thought.

V F

V F

Soldato
Wait till you get to the ending one. Make sure you get some popcorn and a drink as its about as long as a film. Great tho.

Act 3 was awesome. I think I'll pickup Metal Gear Solid HD series. I'm quite hooked on Metal Gear so far.

Creepy the start of Act 3 out in the streets following someone. Then someone which was actually something followed me. It was peeling around some corners, especially around a long ledge. That was creepy.

Some of the fights has been awesome! Snaaaaaake! Flying through the building.

Soldato
Act 3 was awesome. I think I'll pickup Metal Gear Solid HD series. I'm quite hooked on Metal Gear so far.

Creepy the start of Act 3 out in the streets following someone. Then someone which was actually something followed me. It was peeling around some corners, especially around a long ledge. That was creepy.

You really have to play Snake Eater. The game had such an amazing atmosphere and great great bosses. Lots of paranormal stuff as well.

Associate

Good shout. I've played all of them and they're all good. MGS2 is probably my favourite, which to be fair is a minority opinion. A lot of folks didn't like it for various reasons, but I love 'trippy' narratives. MGS3 is the usual fan-favourite. It's like a James Bond movie, but with Snake Sr. and the crazy Metal Gear stuff. If MGS4 were ever remastered on PS4... I'd buy it again, even though I already have it on PS3 lol.

V F

V F

Soldato
I still cannot get over having MGS4 since release day and never played very far than those Gecko moo things from the start of the first act. The whole big Mamma scene was so cool and the bike shooting as all those flying things were everywhere as well as those weird fast soldiers.

I'm quite shamed of myself for not getting into this but at the same time, it never got trophies until 2012.

Does the HD series have trophies? Out of pure curiosity.

Soldato
Yep, it does. It's great, a lot of things in MGS4 will make more sense once you've played those.

The original MGS is still absolutely worth playing too, the visuals obviously don't hold up well now but the rest of the game is brilliant.

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh for god sake! How are you supposed to inject the needle into Vamp. Everytime he gets up and I approach him from the back without touching him yet with the needle ready and holding R1, he respawns with full health.

V F

V F

Soldato
Damn, if only Metal Gear Solid 4 was remastered. I did not expect that. End of act 4 was like something from Pacific Rim. What a size those machines shredding away all those geckos.

Soldato
Has anyone here gone from a PS4 to a PS4 Pro? If so, would you recommend the upgrade for someone still playing on a 1080P monitor?

Basically i've been gifted a PS4 Slim and i'm wondering whether it's worth trading it in and buying a PS4 Pro for the performance benefit. I'll only be gaming at 1080P but i've heard that the 'boost' mode make a difference in older games. I'm not sure how much i'd get for my brand new PS4 Slim either.

Caporegime
I wish I hadn't bothered with mine. The only game I've noticed supersampling making a difference is Rise of the Tomb Raider but the game crashes in that mode anyway. As for frame rate improvements, I can't tell on the games I've played.

Soldato
A lot of forums say if you're new to PS and you can afford it, then take the Pro route. If you already own a PS then possibly not worth it.
Of course if it's "worth it" on you can decide. But I'd have thought not being a UHD user, you could probably save some pennies and wait to see if a "slim" Pro reduces overall cost etc.

Soldato
I wish I hadn't bothered with mine. The only game I've noticed supersampling making a difference is Rise of the Tomb Raider but the game crashes in that mode anyway. As for frame rate improvements, I can't tell on the games I've played.

Ultimately it will depend on the games you play and the effort put in by the devs to ensure the game benefits from the Pro's additional power.

However I have noticed a massive boost to performance in both Neverwinter and Skyforge when played on the Pro vs the normal PS4. I don't know about Skyforge but the boost in NW is purely down to boost mode. This is comparing side by side at the same time. In Skyforge my wife couldn't understand why I was struggling with some of the non instanced quests until she saw what I was dealing with. For her the game was running at a locked 30fps.. :o

Back
Top Bottom