*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Damn, missed out on a good PS4 Pro deal last night on ShopTo. PS4 Pro 1TB in white, two controllers, Horizon, GT Sport and 4 other games for £299

I wonder if we'll see anything decent in the January sales...

Caporegime
Damn, missed out on a good PS4 Pro deal last night on ShopTo. PS4 Pro 1TB in white, two controllers, Horizon, GT Sport and 4 other games for £299

I wonder if we'll see anything decent in the January sales...
Wouldn't bet against it. PS4 deals seem to be coming thick and fast now, and the price is dropping to well below £300 for some of them.

Caporegime
Wouldn't bet against it. PS4 deals seem to be coming thick and fast now, and the price is dropping to well below £300 for some of them.

I've seen quite a few go back up to £350 now. :( Only decent one I can see left is at GAME. Might have to go for it or risk regretting it when it probably vanishes tomorrow.

Soldato
Well I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the upgrade to the Pro.

The extra USB on the rear is a welcome addition since I plug a 4tb external drive into it. The console is also noticeably quieter than my launch day model.

Tonight, after years of it sat on the shelf, I've finished Until Dawn! What a great little game. I'll be revisiting it for trophies and alternate endings. Surprised I left it this long to finish! Now I'm starting on Persona 5 :)

Associate
I've seen quite a few go back up to £350 now. :( Only decent one I can see left is at GAME. Might have to go for it or risk regretting it when it probably vanishes tomorrow.

Ugh was hoping to get a good deal myself but looking like they're going back up everywhere, sick I missed the 20% off ebay last Thursday.

Soldato
I can't seem to find a PS4 pro anywhere in the UK, they have completely sold out everywhere.

Not just that, they've gone back up £50 in price. Maddening. That's supply & demand I suppose!

£300 was such a good price as well, £350 is much harder to justify when you can just spend another £80 for a far superior and faster console

Caporegime
I can't seem to find a PS4 pro anywhere in the UK, they have completely sold out everywhere.

Not just that, they've gone back up £50 in price. Maddening. That's supply & demand I suppose!

£300 was such a good price as well, £350 is much harder to justify when you can just spend another £80 for a far superior and faster console

Hmmmmm don’t say that, I had it in my basket with 20% eBay code the other day with 5mins to go but decided not to get it. Would have got it for £240.

Caporegime
Ugh was hoping to get a good deal myself but looking like they're going back up everywhere, sick I missed the 20% off ebay last Thursday.

Hmmmmm don’t say that, I had it in my basket with 20% eBay code the other day with 5mins to go but decided not to get it. Would have got it for £240.

Managed to bag the last white one a seller had going for £279 :cool:

This guy has two black ones left for £265 if you're quick!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NE...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Soldato

But the "far superior and faster console" isn't a PS4.
If you're in the market for ANY console then yer, go for it - world's fastest console. If you're looking for the superior platform, then Pro is where you should be going.
It's not like buying a PC, where that extra £80 will give you a boost/upgrade somewhere - it's your decision on the platform you wish to use and that governs the £80 difference.

Soldato
I think "superior" is always subjective. The superior platform is simply the one that has the best games and playing experience for you personally. Reminds me of bickering over SNES and Megadrive/Genesis at school. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Fire Pro Wrestling World Coming to PS4 This Summer
Spike Chunsoft announced the retro-inspired wresting title Fire Pro Wrestling World will come to the PlayStation 4 this Summer.

The developer has partnered with the New Japan Pro Wrestling association to bring its wrestlers into the game. A story mode is also in development.

3kqJlcM.jpg

Fire Pro Wrestling World was released in early access for Windows PC in July 2017 before getting a release in December.

Soldato
And PS4 has a great list of incoming titles for 2018... :p

Always subjective.

Some might not like God of War or Spider man, I do think the list of titles coming out for PS4 this year should appeal to many, but not all. I for example don't really find many of the xbox or nintendo exclusives to my liking , but I do find Forza and Mario games appeal to me, but its that enough to warrant a console purchase?

So, I think its very subjective. Well IMO. : - )

Soldato
It should be awesome, we've got Shadow of the Colossus remake, God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, The Last of Us Part 2, Final Fantasy VII remake, Death Stranding, all of which are PS4 exclusives, then there's multi-platform games like RDR2, Far Cry 5, and Metro Exodus. If even half of those exclusives live up to expectations then we're in for a good year.

Soldato
It should be awesome, we've got Shadow of the Colossus remake, God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, The Last of Us Part 2, Final Fantasy VII remake, Death Stranding, all of which are PS4 exclusives, then there's multi-platform games like RDR2, Far Cry 5, and Metro Exodus. If even half of those exclusives live up to expectations then we're in for a good year.

Should be a great year for all, RDR2 makes it great.

Back
Top Bottom