*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Baz

Baz

Soldato
All the Uncharted games are good the 1st one i found a tiny bit janky with the controls but nothing to make someone not get the game and once you get to 3 it is very refined. Last of Us a lot consider a must play, Horizon Zero Dawn is also pretty epic as well.

Virtually all the best exclusives can be had for cheap as well.

You want the Uncharted Collection it includes Uncharted 1-3 remastered from the PS3 originals.

Is the collection the "Nathan Drake" Collection?

Next question, do PS3 games work on the PS4 like Xbox360 games do on the XboxOne?

Soldato
Recently upgraded to a 4K TV

Is it worth upgrading my PS4 to a pro? For the money im thinking not just yet. There are only a handful of games that support 4k aren't there?

Associate
Recently upgraded to a 4K TV
Is it worth upgrading my PS4 to a pro? For the money im thinking not just yet. There are only a handful of games that support 4k aren't there?

Definitely worth it there are more than a few games that benefit. You can get one on eBay now with the 20% off deal for £239 with a free game/controller at Argos.

Soldato
Just bagged myself a PS4 with Battlefront II for £159.99 with the eBay code. Too good to pass up on.

Ha I've been looking for what to buy but can't think of anything, well the things I can think of are still too expensive. But the lure of the code is strong! :o

Soldato
You can get one on eBay now with the 20% off deal for £239 with a free game/controller at Argos.

Have you got a link? I find Argos on eBay but struggline to find the PS4 pro, or the offer.

No bother, found the promotion and managed to get a New PS4 Pro with "slightly damaged" box for £285/£228 after discount applied. Was selling like hotcakes. Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've purchased a PS4 Pro today - the 20% Ebay code meant I could get it for £240 and once I sell Fifa18....
Anyway, what is the going rate for a C Chassis 1TB Black - console and controller only. A1 condition, boxed?
My plan is to make my upgrade to Pro as cheap as possible. CEX will give me £121 (according to their website). If there is much more to be had I'll try to sell myself, but if that is "on or about" the money then I may take that option.
Cheers all.

Soldato
Anyone heard about the kernel exploit uncovered on the PS4 OS?

Now I have limited knowledge of these things but when I hear words like homebrew, jail break and kernel level modifications I suspect there will be many possibilities and most of them not good.

The one that really bothers me, though, is PC style hacks coming to console (ie wallhacks/aimbots/chams etc etc). I know consoles have aim assist anyway, but actual aimbots are a whole different kettle of fish. Particularly if the console can be modded to allow proper mouse input.

Or are these things not a possibility with kernel level modifications?

Associate
Extended storage - does it actually work without problems for anyone? My old'ish 12mm 2tb wd passport keeps saying it cant be used after coming out of standby, needs a whole load of plugging/unplugging/rebooting before it sometimes works.
The other 500gb seagate ive tried seems a little better but that too threw an error overnight whilst copying gt sport over which corrupted it meaning another 50+gb download today.
I just want to plug a disk in & know that each time I went to use it it would work. The concept seems good but my experience of this is extremely poor so far.

Caporegime
Ive been using it with a 2TB Seagate Expansion drive for about six months without any problems. There was one time when the console locked up and I had to restart it by powering off and then it complained that external storage was unavailable but it did a self repair and that fixed it.

Associate
Best place to get a replacement battery for a Dualshock 4? I'm not liking the prices of the regular DS4 controllers at the moment and there aren't any limited edition ones that pique my interest. I'd rather keep this one working than get a new one.

V F

V F

Soldato
Best place to get a replacement battery for a Dualshock 4? I'm not liking the prices of the regular DS4 controllers at the moment and there aren't any limited edition ones that pique my interest. I'd rather keep this one working than get a new one.

Amazon?

Back
Top Bottom