*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Managed to get hold of a ps4 pro 7016b. Apparently these can be quiet loud, anyone else here have this model

I have a white one from the D2 bundle, I'll check it and let you know later. It can get noticeable at times (not that often) for a while but it's never unbearable. TBH, all of them can get noisy. I don't really believe in all the whisper-quiet PS4 stories, I had a standard one and it also produced a noticeable "swoosh" under heaviest loads and it's the same with this one. It's either that people have different noise tolerance or their audio is up. Or they have magical consoles:p

Soldato
Well it's certainly getting loud, I am very close to my PS4 though as it's on my desk. Just wondering how much noise is considered normal

Soldato
Damn, I think the model number is only on the box, which I left somewhere in my cramped storeroom:/ I'd say mine's the same as yours, though.

The latest revision is 7116b and I don't think it was around when I bought the bundle. They're supposedly a bit quieter but much more prone to coil whine issues (far worse to deal with, IMO, unless your PS4 really sounds like a jet engine).

Soldato
It's hard to tell what's within the norm as Sony uses different fans from different manufacturers and some are absurdly loud. Mine isn't as I would've probably noticed:p However it's not always whisper-quiet.

Associate
Damn, I think the model number is only on the box, which I left somewhere in my cramped storeroom:/ I'd say mine's the same as yours, though.

The latest revision is 7116b and I don't think it was around when I bought the bundle. They're supposedly a bit quieter but much more prone to coil whine issues (far worse to deal with, IMO, unless your PS4 really sounds like a jet engine).

Managed to pick up a Ps4 Pro on Friday rev 7116b quiet fan & no coil whine, must have got lucky :)

Picked it up from Game traded in my switch which hardly ever got used, cost me £60 on top of the trade in ;)

Cheers all

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 are being remastered to PS4 over the course of the next couple of years. All Yakuza games available on one console. What a bonus. Then the PS4 will be at end of life so let's hope PS5 is fully backwards compatible or all that work will not be fully appreciated.

Soldato
Console going "end of life" is very different to the PS5 being released.
The PS5 release will not suddenly see the PS4 stop receiving new games, the PS3 continued to receive numerous games many years after the PS4 was released.
Sure I know people who go and buy consoles at release, but I also know many people who don't invest until 2-3 years into a console cycle.

Caporegime
Yeah, fair enough. I'm just itching for this gen to end so we get new consoles with a better CPU. Although I'm probably living in cloud cuckoo land with my expectation of native 4K60 as the norm rather than the exception next gen.

V F

V F

Soldato
Console going "end of life" is very different to the PS5 being released.
The PS5 release will not suddenly see the PS4 stop receiving new games, the PS3 continued to receive numerous games many years after the PS4 was released.
Sure I know people who go and buy consoles at release, but I also know many people who don't invest until 2-3 years into a console cycle.

I think it's this month? that the PS3 is no longer getting games from PS Plus. Or rather the last month...

I'm still amazed with the PS3. The Last of Us looks like 1080 apart from the glaring jaggies on wires in the distance since it has poor draw distance. Unreal to think I've had the PS3 for 11 years.

Soldato
Actually - just did a little digging. It seems the last game released on the PS3 was:

The Surfer - An indi game released 13th December 2017. SO OK, that is no AAA game, but 4yrs after the PS4 was released, we still had a "new" PS3 game. Impressive

Soldato
Official PlayStation "SCUF Vantage" Controller Announced

bJVZpSz.jpg

mJPmY53.jpg

• Side-mounted right and left ‘Sax’ buttons – designed to fit the natural placement of a player’s fingers and provide additional configurability
  • Removable faceplate – makes it easy to change thumb sticks & personalize the controller
  • Advanced audio control for wired connection – a simple swipe of the audio touch bar adjusts the volume while players can keep their hands on the controller
  • Removable vibration modules – players can reduce the weight of the controller and lessen hand fatigue
  • Paddle control system with four removable back paddles
  • A quick-access remapping switch
  • Customizable thumb sticks with 3 different heights in either a concave or convex configuration
  • Adjustable Hair triggers
  • Trigger stops and extenders
  • Choice of D-pads
  • Interchangeable magnetic faceplate
Launching in the U.S. during late summer 2018, the Vantage is now available for pre-order at scufgaming.com or gamestop.com, in a wired-only (USB) model for $169.95 USD (MSRP) and a wireless (Bluetooth)/wired (USB) model for $199.95 USD (MSRP).

Back
Top Bottom