Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 43 15.2%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 168 59.4%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 20.8%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.6%

• Total voters
Quite possibly but I suspect this is still going to sell very well. I reckon they are only hoping for 20% of PS5 sales and I know me and my mates are preordering. Honestly what's not to like, I have a great gaming PC in my office and I just think of it as the same upgrade cycle. £800 every 4 years is really not that bad especially when I get £300 back for my original PS5.
It's not quite the same though, because a PC upgrade provides a far greater benefit to all your games whereas with these Pro consoles, you're largely at the behest of the developers adding support. There's the "Boost" feature but frankly on PS4 Pro it rarely seemed to do a lot so I'd want to see a lot more information about what it can achieve this time around.

£500 to upgrade a console every four years is pretty dreadful, really. Subtracting the amount I sold my PS4 Pro for, my PS5 on release cost me £315 and that was a far more meaningful upgrade both in performance and other features than this.

It's not quite the same though, because a PC upgrade provides a far greater benefit to all your games whereas with these Pro consoles, you're largely at the behest of the developers adding support. There's the "Boost" feature but frankly on PS4 Pro it rarely seemed to do a lot so I'd want to see a lot more information about what it can achieve this time around.

£500 to upgrade a console every four years is pretty dreadful, really. Subtracting the amount I sold my PS4 Pro for, my PS5 on release cost me £315 and that was a far more meaningful upgrade both in performance and other features than this.
Honestly for me the PS4 pro was a great upgrade over PS4 and I feel the PS5 Pro will be the same leap if not better. £800 on PC buys you a GPU at best these days. I mean typically I spend £2k upgrading PC over 4-5 years so I still feel this is a decent price. As a primary console gamer 70% PS5 30% PC I really have no problem spending that cash.

Honestly for me the PS4 pro was a great upgrade over PS4 and I feel the PS5 Pro will be the same leap if not better. £800 on PC buys you a GPU at best these days. I mean typically I spend £2k upgrading PC over 4-5 years so I still feel this is a decent price. As a primary console gamer 70% PS5 30% PC I really have no problem spending that cash.
Fair enough, I think we're working with different budgets because I'm not spending £800 on a GPU either. My current PC is mostly 6 years old aside from the 3060Ti and it's only recently that I've started needing DLSS to help it along at 1440p. I'm genuinely interested to see what the PS5 can do across all games but currently the only point of reference is the support the PS4 Pro received and it wasn't entirely impressive, but then it didn't cost the earth either. The PS5 Pro needs to seriously deliver to justify its pricetag.

* Looks at boxed PS1, PS2, PS3 Slim, PS4 Slim and PSP *

You...you...sell....your old consoles?
Only the unnecessary ones (though I do partly wish I still had my old PS1):

y7EPtn9h.jpg

I suspect they are going to sell like hotcakes. The external drive just sold out in front of my eyes on shopto. I am now on backorder. Literally loads sold within 30 mins of that presentation.

Yeah for the 10 pro consoles they stock on launch day.

They will sell out because shops want have the large stock like they would a new generation of console.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the PS5 Pro announcement but it is going to be hard to justify £700 for a console where I have no older games (I've always been an Xbox guy). Maybe the other models will get slightly cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom