Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 35 13.7%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 155 60.8%
  • No (other)

Votes: 53 20.8%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.7%

• Total voters
Seen some people really going outta their way to trash the pro..as if they’re trying to persuade people into not buying one? Like, I don’t get it.. give it a rest. The people who are buying one don’t really care. :P
Yep I don't get it at all. I am a professional and earn good money. I am 47 and have what I need and don't spend my money on fast cars drugs and alcohol any more so my disposable income goes on my av, gaming and fitness hobbies. 700 is really not that much for a significant upgrade, it's what I had budgeted for and will last me 3 years until ps6. My GPU 6 months ago cost 600 and my am5 build next year will be 1000+. The likelyhood is I will also replace that GPU way before ps6 arrives.

We all know what we are buying and have made a conscious decision to do so knowing the price.

This made me think, as I sort of fall in this category.

I alredy own, just never got round to playing, the PS5 versions of:

Demon Souls
R&C
God of War Ragnarok
Last of us 1 and 2
HZW
FF7 remake (both parts!).

I'm very tempted to play these big hitters on the Pro. They will all get graphical upgrades, I'm certain.

Originally the high price put me off, I can afford it with ease, but the disparity compared to PS4 Pro release annoyed me. But I'm too old to try to make some sort of principled stance and gaming hasn't really gone up in price a massive amount since PS1 days.

I'm suddenly feeling an itch, and it's still available to pre order on Sony direct Spain!

rp2000
Man I wish I still had those to play.

My reasoning was quite similar, I knew I was going to get it at some point so might aswell jump on the launch hype and get longer out of it.

Demon Souls
R&C
God of War Ragnarok
Last of us 1 and 2
HZW

I'm very tempted to play these big hitters on the Pro. They will all get graphical upgrades, I'm certain.

Originally the high price put me off, I can afford it with ease, but the disparity compared to PS4 Pro release annoyed me. But I'm too old to try to make some sort of principled stance and gaming hasn't really gone up in price a massive amount since PS1 days.

I'm suddenly feeling an itch, and it's still available to pre order on Sony direct Spain!

rp2000
Go for it ! If you still have all those 1st party titles to play, then why not play them with the best possible graphics/performance ? ( PC aside ).

If I had all those to play fresh I would absolutely get a pro now. Plus an OLED screen if you don’t have one.
I bought a new Samsung S90c 65 OLED last Black Friday.

Go for it ! If you still have all those 1st party titles to play, then why not play them with the best possible graphics/performance ? ( PC aside ).
I just realised I don't have HZW in my library, but it's "only" 32.99 on the PS Store.

I'm gonna scalp the **** out of the 2nd 30th anniversary controller I bought, to get some money back towards the Pro and HZW anyway. :D

rp2000

Last edited:
Great buy. I have an S95B for console gaming, but modded to reach S95C levels of brightness. It is glorious. I’m still not over my OLED excitement :p
I actually have S93C which I believe can also be modded to have the same peak brightness as S95C but I'm too scared to try it :p

I had an LG C7 55 inch or 5 years which got wrecked (A lot due my PS4 Pro!), so I'm taking it easy with my second OLED!

rp2000

I actually have S93C which I believe can also be modded to have the same peak brightness as S95C but I'm too scared to try it :p

I had an LG C7 55 inch or 5 years which got wrecked (A lot due my PS4 Pro!), so I'm taking it easy with my second OLED!

rp2000

The newer models seem much more resistant to burn in at least. I’ve played many hours of games with HUDs on and not a single mark to be seen. The long term stress tests seem pretty decent too.

Last edited:
Caved and ordered a Pro today.

Realised the majority of my gaming is now on the PS5 so might as well go for the upgrade - saw a long list of games that are getting enhanced for it.

^ Is that straight outta ChatGPT?

Haha, it was deliberate, some of the posts are from people acting like there's no reason for someone to think the PS5 Pro is disappointing, and only affecting people that obviously just can't afford one. I am pointing out there's many reasons to think it's overpriced at £700 without a disc drive. It's almost juvenile, or shillish, bot like, to suggest otherwise. It's obviously a high price for a console mid gen upgrade.

Last edited:
I’m still holding out on ordering a ps5 pro as I really want one in that 30th anniversary edition colour scheme.

I’m wondering if Sony release more ps5 pro units with that colour scheme even if it’s not the “limited edition” ones?

Demon Souls
R&C
God of War Ragnarok
Last of us 1 and 2
HZW

rp2000
If you haven’t got round to playing any of those on ps5 then I don’t think a ps5 pro will make much difference. Those games all play beautifully on the ps5

It's obviously a high price for a console mid gen upgrade.
People keep saying this, but now I think about it there has literally only been one previous mid gen upgrade of this type (PS4/Pro).
I’m still holding out on ordering a ps5 pro as I really want one in that 30th anniversary edition colour scheme.

I’m wondering if Sony release more ps5 pro units with that colour scheme even if it’s not the “limited edition” ones?
It would instantly devalue the ones they sold already and would annoy a lot of people.

Your best bet is gonna be 3rd party wraps and custom faceplates, to try to get a similar asthetic.
If you haven’t got round to playing any of those on ps5 then I don’t think a ps5 pro will make much difference. Those games all play beautifully on the ps5
In my defence I have played other PS5 games, but i only bought it January 2023. I went to XB Series S for the first few years of this gen due to PS5 lack of stock!

Both Astro Bot games - platinum
Miles Morales - platinum
Spiderman 2 - platinum
Ghost of Tsushima - close to platinum

And then 75 hours each of FC24 and GTAV

For me that's a lot of gaming in 18 months!

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom