Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
My duel sense pad is knackered, haptic and vibration not working fully.

Amazon won't allow me to only return the pad as they want entire thing back which I won't do as there is no ps5 stock. Due to this they gave me £45 (I didn't ask for it they just said due to faulty part of order)

So tried to go via Sony but just can't get through to there support

I gave up at around 1 hour 40 minute mark.

Call in the morning before they open, 10:20 ish, and get in the queue.

Apparently there's a 3-4 week wait for turnaround.

I'd order another controller from Amazon with that money in the meantime.

My duel sense pad is knackered, haptic and vibration not working fully.

Amazon won't allow me to only return the pad as they want entire thing back which I won't do as there is no ps5 stock. Due to this they gave me £45 (I didn't ask for it they just said due to faulty part of order)

If you look on HotUKDeals there are Dualsense controllers reduced to £50. So it'll only cost you a fiver, then it gives you time to contact Sony whilst still being able to game.

Is the remote play android app working for everyone? Remote play on PC is fine, but my android app gives a server connection error when trying to sign in.

HAs been for the past few days too. Re-installed the app but no change. Same error if I put in a ransom email and password too.

Broken pad (R2 trigger) sent back to Sony.

Allegedly they don't fix them, they'll just send me a brand new one.

Could take 4 weeks - glad I managed to get another one ready to go.

So are we looking at PadGate then?

Likely...

Ive had more enjoyment out the first hour of Immortals than the whole of Valhalla so far.

Haven't played Valhalla but Immortals is brilliant.

Got up this morning and wanted to play it again immediately, haven't had that feeling in years.

Broken pad (R2 trigger) sent back to Sony.

Allegedly they don't fix them, they'll just send me a brand new one.

Could take 4 weeks - glad I managed to get another one ready to go.

If they’re not fixing them I’d be amazed if it takes anything like 4 weeks. I’d imagine it’s a case of sending a replacement as soon as yours arrives with them and they confirm it’s a genuine controller. Hopefully it’s sorted quickly for you. Did they want proof of purchase, or just a serial number from the controller?

If they’re not fixing them I’d be amazed if it takes anything like 4 weeks. I’d imagine it’s a case of sending a replacement as soon as yours arrives with them and they confirm it’s a genuine controller. Hopefully it’s sorted quickly for you. Did they want proof of purchase, or just a serial number from the controller?

Agreed - they just wanted the serial number this time around, he asked me where I bought it from but the question was more in line with general conversation.

But as said before, I'm not sure how far reaching this issue is, hopefully it's just a particular batch that is impacted, otherwise I can see a V2 arriving sooner rather than later.

Agreed - they just wanted the serial number this time around, he asked me where I bought it from but the question was more in line with general conversation.

But as said before, I'm not sure how far reaching this issue is, hopefully it's just a particular batch that is impacted, otherwise I can see a V2 arriving sooner rather than later.

What is it with websites like this one and more so Reddit, equating a "few reports" into a full blown issue with something?
Reddit has decided that:

External Drives cannot be used with the PS5
You cannot use rest mode
A majority of PS5s are faulty
The vast majority of PS5s are in the hands of scalpers

Now OCUK is convinced there is a "serious issue with the Dualsense controller" based on, what, two people?

There are 4m PS5's in the wild, all with a DS5 controller. Lord knows how many individual DS5 controllers were sold, but even at a conservative 500k, that means we'd need to be hearing about 45k faulty DS5's before we reach even 1% of them.

What is it with websites like this one and more so Reddit, equating a "few reports" into a full blown issue with something?
Reddit has decided that:

External Drives cannot be used with the PS5
You cannot use rest mode
A majority of PS5s are faulty
The vast majority of PS5s are in the hands of scalpers

Now OCUK is convinced there is a "serious issue with the Dualsense controller" based on, what, two people?

There are 4m PS5's in the wild, all with a DS5 controller. Lord knows how many individual DS5 controllers were sold, but even at a conservative 500k, that means we'd need to be hearing about 45k faulty DS5's before we reach even 1% of them.

I know, how dare I discuss the issues I've had online.

Chill man, this is just me advising of the issues I've experienced, I can't speak for the other things mentioned as I've only experienced the issue with the R2 button.

The guy on the phone from Sony reckon there's a manufacturing issue with the R2 button, alluding to many cases being reported and not many questions asked.

Also, if you read what I wrote, I said I had no idea how far reaching the issue is, but a bit of researching online leads me to understand I'm far from alone with the problem.

It's a complex controller compared to the Xbox Series X, especially where the adaptive triggers are concerned.

What would you prefer I wrote? That all is hunky dory? Because, for me, it isn't.

Right, getting fed up not being able to get a 3080 any time soon, maybe I will look out for a PS5.

One question, I have a 1400p 144hz monitor, will the PS5 work if plugged in to this monitor as I hear it is 4k only?

I did a google and it seem mixed whether the PS5 will work at 1440p.

Not officially supported, but then some people are reporting it can work.

I have a Dell S2716DG monitor which supports: HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2

Last edited:

Fingers crossed it’s just a few dodgy ones. Could do without the hassle of returning any.

On a side note, how is your console for noise? My lad’s console is great, although it does hum somewhat (think that’s the best description of it) so I was wondering if the fan sticker is perhaps at fault, although from what I’ve read that only affects a small number of consoles.

In all honesty though, it’s remarkably quiet, especially in comparison with his PS4 which sounded like a jet engine at times!!

That said, I don’t think there’s been a disc in it yet, so that could be interesting. Here’s hoping for a relatively quiet drive!

On a side note, how is your console for noise? My lad’s console is great, although it does hum somewhat (think that’s the best description of it) so I was wondering if the fan sticker is perhaps at fault, although from what I’ve read that only affects a small number of consoles.

In all honesty though, it’s remarkably quiet

Mine happens to be quiet except for the very random whirring noises every now and then, which don't align with any graphically intense part of the game (in Miles Morales it would sometimes fire up when completely still, with no enemies around). There's obviously some background reason for it, but otherwise, 90% of the time I can't hear the console.

In my anecdotal evidence it's louder than the Xbox Series X which I never heard anything from it. You'd have to have your ear right next to it to get the faintest sound...

Is your PS5 standing or horizontal?

Mine happens to be quiet except for the very random whirring noises every now and then, which don't align with any graphically intense part of the game (in Miles Morales it would sometimes fire up when completely still, with no enemies around). There's obviously some background reason for it, but otherwise, 90% of the time I can't hear the console.

In my anecdotal evidence it's louder than the Xbox Series X which I never heard anything from it. You'd have to have your ear right next to it to get the faintest sound...

Is your PS5 standing or horizontal?

Thanks for that. When I said ‘hums somewhat’, I should probably be clearer, that I’m very sensitive to those types of fan noises. Others probably wouldn’t be bothered by it.

The console is horizontal, in an open glass unit, loads of room around it, and I mean loads, plus it’s open all around. Haven’t tried it vertical yet, maybe I should do that and report back, but it really wouldn’t fit with the rest of the setup...

Right, getting fed up not being able to get a 3080 any time soon, maybe I will look out for a PS5.

One question, I have a 1400p 144hz monitor, will the PS5 work if plugged in to this monitor as I hear it is 4k only?

I did a google and it seem mixed whether the PS5 will work at 1440p.

Not officially supported, but then some people are reporting it can work.

I have a Dell S2716DG monitor which supports: HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2
Some 1440p monitors can accept a 4k input, I have a 3440x1440 ultrawide which accepts a full 4k output from the PS5. Checking yours, its hdmi 1.4 and doesn't look to accept 4k, so you'll get a 1080p (possibly at 120hz if it supports this over hdmi) upscaled to 1440p by the monitor.

PS5 100% does not output at 1440p.

Some 1440p monitors can accept a 4k input, I have a 3440x1440 ultrawide which accepts a full 4k output from the PS5. Checking yours, its hdmi 1.4 and doesn't look to accept 4k, so you'll get a 1080p (possibly at 120hz if it supports this over hdmi) upscaled to 1440p by the monitor.

PS5 100% does not output at 1440p.

Thanks.

So it will work, just at 1080p.

Back
Top Bottom