The Official Prometheus (Alien Prequel) Thread

Soldato
I hope so, there were a lot of rumours about the Space Jockey

The leaked trailer shows a shot of the Space Jockey in the navigation chair rising up through the floor on a rotating platform so yes, we are most definitely going to find out the story behind that. :D

EDIT: Am I also the only one who, in that last still above, thinks the thing in the right-hand foreground looks like a dead humanoid creature and not part of the scenery?

Associate
I hope it hasn't got a polished up Abbrams type of look to it. Them shots do look really clean. I hope the clothes they wear actually look like they've been worn and not brand new as well as the tech their using etc.

Non the less it does look good and I'm still really looking forward to this film as I'm a massive Alien, Scott and Giger fan.

Soldato
Ohhh a new Alien film! Good stuff. (not going to watch that crappy trailer leak :p)

So it's called Prometheus? Plot's a bit obvious then.

Paul Reiser makes a comeback in his silver 80s suit...
Tries to steal Alien bio weapon from Space jockey Gods...
Messes up and gets kills everyone bar Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender and a small annoying girl...

Job done :D

Associate
Why would anyone genuinely interested in watching this film want to watch a leaked trailer with a watermark and filmed with a rubbish handcam?

Soldato
OP
Why would anyone genuinely interested in watching this film want to watch a leaked trailer with a watermark and filmed with a rubbish handcam?

Probably one of the people most looking forward to this movie on these forums and couldn't wait to watch even a crappy little trailer like that :)

Anticipation is killing me on this, mainly because Scott is onboard, absolutely fantastic director who can do little wrong. Black Hawk Down is still one of my all time favorite movies.

Soldato
I watched the cam trailer the other week and it was pants. Couldn't see anything. It certainly hasn't "spoilt" anything for me!

I need to stop reading the various fan sites though... plot details keep getting leaked or speculated on :(

Soldato
Its been rated in Canada as a 14A, roughly a PG13 in the US, which means it'll most likely be a 12 over here, maybe a 15.

Oh well, suddenly I have gone off the movie thanks to that. Well done Ridley, make a cack movie and cash in with the lower rating. Bravo.

How, just how, can you make a film that is the prequel to Alien, one of the all time great horrors and make it a 12 or 15. Its going to suck, just look at the recent remake of the Thing. Its a 15, and rating aside, its rubbish compared to the original.

Back
Top Bottom